Interesting events - previous overseas worker

Old Jul 31st 2017, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interesting events - previous overseas worker

Hi there,

I've posted around here a bit, some of you might recognize me.

Wife is Brazilian, I'm English. Lived in NZ last year (Sept 16-May 17) and made about £17,000 in that time. Unemployed for June as I was looking for work. Then got a temp job for two weeks, and then another temp job for another two weeks. Then started working permanent since two weeks ago.

Basically, I've been wanting to apply under Category B finance but had conflicting views. I went to see two separate Lawyers - one in London and one over the phone from Croydon. BOTH told me that I had no case, and that the work I did overseas in NZ didn't count, and the unemployed period in June would also work against me. I left both of these consultations slightly perplexed, because as far as I was aware, as long as I've made £18,600 in the last 12 months that's all that matters.

So I decided to pay the rate and talk to immigration. The guy there said I could apply, as long as I've hit the threshold and have the evidence.

So there you have it. It just shows how difficult this visa process is, and how even "qualified" people don't even know what advice to offer. The lawyers wanted me to wait 8 months to see my wife whereas Home Office are happy for me to apply with Cat B.

Now I just have to try and get a letter/payslips from NZ which is proving difficult...
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting events - previous overseas worker

We told you earlier this month that you could apply under Cat B and the Category "with employer for less than 6 months" provided you could prove both Part 1 and Part 2 of the requirements.

Where you have the problem is proving your employment in NZ as you have little official documentation to provide as evidence.

Please let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
We told you earlier this month that you could apply under Cat B and the Category "with employer for less than 6 months" provided you could prove both Part 1 and Part 2 of the requirements.

Where you have the problem is proving your employment in NZ as you have little official documentation to provide as evidence.

Please let us know how you get on.
Yes, and I thank you for the help and advice. However, when two lawyers, who charge a fortune for help with the application process advised I wait for 6 months and category A I was slightly taken aback.

Now that immigration themselves have agreed with you, I'll be doing everthing in my power to get more evidence from my employer in NZ. Apparently the stamped statements are ok, I just need a signed letter on headed paper.

I'll keep you posted.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chezdon
Yes, and I thank you for the help and advice. However, when two lawyers, who charge a fortune for help with the application process advised I wait for 6 months and category A I was slightly taken aback.

Now that immigration themselves have agreed with you, I'll be doing everthing in my power to get more evidence from my employer in NZ. Apparently the stamped statements are ok, I just need a signed letter on headed paper.

I'll keep you posted.
...... and payslips
Old Jul 31st 2017, 7:06 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

However, when two lawyers, who charge a fortune for help with the application process advised I wait for 6 months and category A I was slightly taken aback.
Off course they would, they would rather you went down the safe, guaranteed path so they get paid. Not sure why you wasted your time even talking to them as you already posted on here.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Well they get paid regardless. You pay for their "advice" and for them to help you put the application together. Win or lose. I guess a loss might damage their reputation but them not knowing the intricacies of the guidelines is more damaging in my opinion.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

nmruk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I've posted around here a bit, some of you might recognize me.

Wife is Brazilian, I'm English. Lived in NZ last year (Sept 16-May 17) and made about £17,000 in that time. Unemployed for June as I was looking for work. Then got a temp job for two weeks, and then another temp job for another two weeks. Then started working permanent since two weeks ago.

Basically, I've been wanting to apply under Category B finance but had conflicting views. I went to see two separate Lawyers - one in London and one over the phone from Croydon. BOTH told me that I had no case, and that the work I did overseas in NZ didn't count, and the unemployed period in June would also work against me. I left both of these consultations slightly perplexed, because as far as I was aware, as long as I've made £18,600 in the last 12 months that's all that matters.

So I decided to pay the rate and talk to immigration. The guy there said I could apply, as long as I've hit the threshold and have the evidence.

So there you have it. It just shows how difficult this visa process is, and how even "qualified" people don't even know what advice to offer. The lawyers wanted me to wait 8 months to see my wife whereas Home Office are happy for me to apply with Cat B.

Now I just have to try and get a letter/payslips from NZ which is proving difficult...
How do you 'talk to immigration'? I have emailed HO but yet to receive any reply. Do inform me in which channel you use to ask them.Thank you
Old Jul 31st 2017, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-insi...the-uk/english

Pretty straight forward. Sent an email on Saturday and got a reply Sunday night too. I think they're starting to sort themselves out. Although it was a copy and pasted reply for the most part. Complete waste of money.