Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Interesting article/report on effects of non-EU spousal visa income threshold

Interesting article/report on effects of non-EU spousal visa income threshold

Old Sep 9th 2015, 3:27 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting article/report on effects of non-EU spousal visa income threshold

Personally I find it wrong to impose any income threshold on the immigration of a UK citizen and their immediate family to the UK. Others will disagree, but I find it strange that politicians who promote "family values" and the welfare of children write rules that separate families. It's also interesting that those same politicians can be shamed into accepting over 20,000 refugees/migrants that are not UK or EU citizens.

Immigration income threshold creates thousands of 'Skype kids', says report | Society | The Guardian

Last edited by nun; Sep 9th 2015 at 3:31 am.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 3:57 am
Just Joined

scottydog357 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interesting article/report on effects of non-EU spousal visa income threshold

Originally Posted by nun
Personally I find it wrong to impose any income threshold on the immigration of a UK citizen and their immediate family to the UK. Others will disagree, but I find it strange that politicians who promote "family values" and the welfare of children write rules that separate families. It's also interesting that those same politicians can be shamed into accepting over 20,000 refugees/migrants that are not UK or EU citizens.

Immigration income threshold creates thousands of 'Skype kids', says report | Society | The Guardian
Yes and the final paragraph deflates any hope of this changing soon, with the Home Office spokesperson arguing that it's reasonable.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting article/report on effects of non-EU spousal visa income threshold

It is unfair to those who cannot meet the financial requirement. Even if you can, the whole process is a most demoralizing and stressful process of having to prove one's right to return to the UK when married to a non- UK spouse. It is not only actually meeting the requirements but ensuring that every document, in its correct format, especially bank statements and payslips, is submitted. Miss just one and you are refused! Getting the spousal visa was an emotional challenge and I am already stressed thinking about next year's application for FLR(M)!

The government will not ease up on requirements. In fact they may raise the bar. They have to find some way of cutting down on immigration and we are the ' victims' of that.