Indefinite leave to remain in UK...

Old Oct 9th 2019, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Indefinite leave to remain in UK...

My Dutch wife and I (Brit Cit) have lived in Spain for 9 years. Immediately before that we lived together in UK for 20 years and she has a stamp dated September 1995 in an old passport giving her indefinite leave to remain in UK. We haven't any current plans to return to UK but if we did does that indefinite leave to remain trump all this settled status stuff we are reading so much about now or would she have to apply for this new permission?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 1:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indefinite leave to remain in UK...

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto View Post
My Dutch wife and I (Brit Cit) have lived in Spain for 9 years. Immediately before that we lived together in UK for 20 years and she has a stamp dated September 1995 in an old passport giving her indefinite leave to remain in UK. We haven't any current plans to return to UK but if we did does that indefinite leave to remain trump all this settled status stuff we are reading so much about now or would she have to apply for this new permission?
ILR expires after 2 years out of the UK, so you'd have to start from scratch with a new spouse visa application.

HTH.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I feared as much. Thank you.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

She can apply now for settled status from Spain providing she has a National Insurance Number.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

She does have an NI number. Thank you, it hadn't occurred to me that that might be possible. I'll look into it on the website.