British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Indefinite Leave to Remain successful (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/indefinite-leave-remain-successful-940946/)

DernierVirage Oct 3rd 2021 12:32 pm

Indefinite Leave to Remain successful

Hello to you all. Yesterday was a great day, my wife received the Home Office Email tell her that her ILR application had been successful (five months to the day since her biometrics). A great moment after the rigours of going through Initial Leave, FLR and then ILR and I'd just like to thank everyone on the forum, not just for your help with the specific questions I have asked over the years, often in a moment of panic, but also for the general quality of the threads, which are pure gold.

I will stay around on the forum and if I can contribute to any threads I will do so, although from what I observe the whole process is continually evolving, so my experience will not be up to date for long.

Anyway, thanks again, it has been a long road and very stressful for me, since I did all my wife's applications for her, but we got there !!!!

BritInParis Oct 3rd 2021 2:12 pm

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain successful

:goodpost:

Homely1 Oct 8th 2021 6:49 pm

It’s a daunting wait because so much hangs on the outcome, but in your case, well done your wait is over.

My husband is still waiting ! His ILR Visa Biometrics appointment was mid August 2021. f I understand your posting correctly, did you wait 5 months from this appointment date ?

Thanks in advance

DernierVirage Oct 8th 2021 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Homely1 (Post 13059916)
It’s a daunting wait because so much hangs on the outcome, but in your case, well done your wait is over.

My husband is still waiting ! His ILR Visa Biometrics appointment was mid August 2021. f I understand your posting correctly, did you wait 5 months from this appointment date ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks !! Yes, it was exactly five months to the day from her biometrics appointment to getting the Email saying her application was successful. The government website says up to six months, it seems that ILR is slower than other visas. We didn't bother paying extra for priority service. I have a work colleague in the same position as my wife, she had her ILR biometrics one week before and she got her E mail after exactly five months too! So I think you can keep January as your target date...best of luck!

Homely1 Oct 8th 2021 9:09 pm

Husband wanted us to visit his Parents over the Christmas holidays but I guess that’s not going to happen !

Thanks for your reply

omario2016 Dec 12th 2021 3:27 pm

That is absolutely great news! Congrats to you both! We are slightly late to submit my wife’s ILR but starting it ASAP.

DernierVirage Dec 12th 2021 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by omario2016 (Post 13080663)
That is absolutely great news! Congrats to you both! We are slightly late to submit my wife’s ILR but starting it ASAP.

Thanks so much ! I was wondering when you would be doing yours, we found ILR the easiest to do - not just because you get used to it but it just seemed to go more smoothly in every respect. Best of luck !!