Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Indefinite Leave To Remain Holder outside UK for more than 2 years

Indefinite Leave To Remain Holder outside UK for more than 2 years

Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

limiere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indefinite Leave To Remain Holder outside UK for more than 2 years

Hi,

I have lived in the UK for 10 years + and I hold Indefinitely Leave To Remain. However, due to the global financial crisis, I have to leave UK and get a job in Australia since 2 years ago.

Question:

Does this means I have forfeit my ILR? If I were to go back UK now does it means I can maintain the ILR? I understand I cannot leave UK for more than 2 years but the economy is really bad and most certainly I cannot get a job.

If anyone share the same experience, please advise.

Thank you.

Dan
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice
Default Re: Indefinite Leave To Remain Holder outside UK for more than 2 years

Dan

it all depends on your circumstances

see

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se...ningresidents/
Old Nov 28th 2010, 2:53 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

look http://www.immigrationboards.com lots of information there
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:22 am
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

omg!

thankyou so much for posting this!

i have an indefinate leave to remain visa, after obtaining my spousal visa, and we lived i uk for over 7 yrs before coming back to australia on april 27th 2009.
we have been here 18 mths and are now going to go back to the uk to live, originally planning to go back around the 9th may 2011.
had i not logged on to british expats tonight, we would have merrilly booked our tickets and headed back to life in the uk, only to find me sent back home on the next plane, and leaving my husband and 2 little children behind.

i am SO GRATEFUL I READ THIS!!!

i just mistakenly believed i could come and go as i pleased now, and am kicking myself that i didn't apply for citizenship, as we were there for 7.5 yrs and now i will have to wait for another 3 yrs at least before i can apply!

we would have been just outside of the 2 years, by about 2 weeks!
unfortunately, we picked our leaving date, as my husbands parents have a big musical event on, in norhtern territory that we were supposed to attend, and now we don't know what to do!
if we overstay the 2 yr mark, i will have to reapply for visas....

thankyou for posting this...if i hadn't of read this, it would have been a disaster!