Income Sources for Family Settlement visa

Old Dec 23rd 2018, 7:08 am
Just Joined

RevI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Income Sources for Family Settlement visa

Hello,
I'm just about to begin applying for a "Family of Settled Person Visa" for my wife and two sons. I moved to England in April from Canada where I was in theological college and was ordained in the Church of England at the end of June and have been working as an assistant curate since then with a stipend rate that is over the minimum income requirement, and with my housing provided and rent paid for by the Church of England. However, I've only been working for 6 months, as I was in training in Canada and not earning an income. Does this matter? I am blessed to have the equivalent of £16,000 in savings in a bank account in Canada. Should I be including this as part of my application for my family's visa?
Thanks for any input!
Ian
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 9:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Income Sources for Family Settlement visa

Originally Posted by RevI
Hello,
I'm just about to begin applying for a "Family of Settled Person Visa" for my wife and two sons. I moved to England in April from Canada where I was in theological college and was ordained in the Church of England at the end of June and have been working as an assistant curate since then with a stipend rate that is over the minimum income requirement, and with my housing provided and rent paid for by the Church of England. However, I've only been working for 6 months, as I was in training in Canada and not earning an income. Does this matter? I am blessed to have the equivalent of £16,000 in savings in a bank account in Canada. Should I be including this as part of my application for my family's visa?
Thanks for any input!
Ian
You just need 6 months payslips and bank accounts showing the deposits, there is no need to include the savings.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 10:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you have been working for six months in the UK and receiving a stipend which is over the minimum income threshold then you can meet the financial requirements solely through income so your savings become irrelevant. Mentioning them is only likely to cause unnecessary complications.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

RevI is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for the help! Just to be clear, I've not yet earned the £24,888 which is my required income level, but only half that, as I've only been working 6 months. I'm assuming that I'm not expected to have reached the minimum requirement at this point.
Thanks again and Happy Christmas if you are celebrating it!
Ian