Income + Saving for Spouse Visa Application

Old Jul 29th 2018, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Murat Erdogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Income + Saving for Spouse Visa Application

Hi All,
I read all the explanations and informations about the spouse visa in this group. They were very useful. But unfortunately I couldnt find what I need to know. I have slightly different question if you may help.
My british wife moved to the UK and will start a job in the beginning of September. But she will earn around 1.000 gbp monthly as an assistant teacher. We plan to sell our house in Turkey for 35.000 gbp and i will send her accessible account as our saving. So according to calculation (35.000-16.000)÷2.5 = 7.600 gbp and then 18.600 - 7.600 = 11.000 gbp. So 1.000 gbp makes 12.000 gbp as annual. And we think 6 months after the first payslip in October, we can apply..
Are we making right?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Income + Saving for Spouse Visa Application

If your wife's annual salary will be £12,000 then you are short by £6,600 of the £18,600 threshold.

To use the £35,000 from sale of your property in Turkey do the following calculation:
(£35,000-£16,000)/2.5 = £7,600.

£12,000 + £7,600 = £19,600 so you'll be over the threshold with £1,000 to spare.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

I am very appreciated for your respond.
If you can please let me understand this : 18.600 gbp is the total amount of gross income or the one needs to calculate as she gets into her bank account every month.
additionally for online application and appendix 2 VAF 4A form what should i write to the question of 3.11 (what is your sponsor annual income from this employment before tax?) 1.000 x 12 or 1.000 + tax X 12???
thank you in advance
Old Jul 30th 2018, 4:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

£18,600 is the gross annual income your wife will need to receive in order to sponsor you for a spouse visa.

If your wife's gross annual income is £12,000 then that's what you should write.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your help. Very appreciated..
Old Jul 31st 2018, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Dear Sir or madam,
My wife is a born Uk citizen and our two boys have British passports. We met in Turkey in 2008 and married in 2009 in Turkey. And our boys were also born in Turkey in 2011 and 2013. When our boys become the school age, we decided to move to the UK. She and the boys have moved on the 20th of June. We have applied to the spouse visa as a overseas sponsor returning to the UK.
As the application was so complicated, we hired an advisor in Ankara Turkey. Due to lack of the information, we are told that only the job offer was enough for us to meet financial requirements. But we realised it wasn't, after we applied. So she needed to meet the threshold 6 month prior to application when she was in Turkey.
Anyway, yesterday, we have received our refusal letter as you may find in the attachment.
So my question is, with saving + income and also preparing ourselves with the accommodation requirement this time, can we re-apply.
Thanks in advanced.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Decision.pdf (401.2 KB, 127 views)
Old Jul 31st 2018, 2:46 pm

You can reapply at any time; whether your application will be successful depends on meeting the relationship, English language, financial and accommodation requirements. From your previous posts you will need to wait until your wife has been working for six months before you will meet the financial requirements.