Income question

Old Mar 9th 2015, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Income question

Me and my partner are thinking of moving to the UK, I'm a citizen and she is Australian.

I can get a job back in England no problem if we returned but I haven't worked in years. Am I right in thinking I can sponsor her with saving - my future England Income?

The job offer would be 38k a year so I would need 22.5k savings?

I have tried to find the answer online but haven't found my exact situation.

Thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

theoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Income question

Have you read this?
Attached Files
Old Mar 9th 2015, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oaken
Me and my partner are thinking of moving to the UK, I'm a citizen and she is Australian.
If you aren't married you need to provide evidence to show that you have lived together, akin to marriage, for at least the previous two years before your partners visa application.

I can get a job back in England no problem if we returned but I haven't worked in years. Am I right in thinking I can sponsor her with saving - my future England Income?

No, they won't take your word for it that you can get and then hold a job. You need to have had that job for at least 6 months before you can sponsor your partner as you need to show 6 months payslips and bank statements. That 6 months apart might then affect your 2 years living together akin to marriage, if you don't marry.

OR if you have been earning at least £18.6 abroad in the previous 12 months when your partner applies and you start a job in the UK within 3 months earning at least 18.6, then you can use that catagory to sponsor.

Look at the link theoldgit has given you to see what catagory you can meet to be able to sponsor.

If you can't make any catagory yet and you don't want to wait 6+ months to sponsor your partner to the UK: if your partner is age between 18 and 30 they could apply for a Tier 5 Youth Mobilty Scheme visa, but only if they haven't had this visa before. It's a reciprocal agreement between the UK and other some other countries that allows the visa holder to work in the UK for up to 2 years. Australia is one of the countries that has this agreement with the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/overview

Last edited by formula; Mar 9th 2015 at 10:38 am.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by formula
If you aren't married you need to provide evidence to show that you have lived together, akin to marriage, for at least the previous two years before your partners visa application.
That's not a problem we have more than enough evidence.

Originally Posted by formula
No, they won't take your word for it that you can get and then hold a job. You need to have had that job for at least 6 months before you can sponsor your partner as you need to show 6 months payslips and bank statements. That 6 months apart might then affect your 2 years living together akin to marriage, if you don't marry.

OR if you have been earning at least £18.6 abroad in the previous 12 months when your partner applies and you start a job in the UK within 3 months earning at least 18.6, then you can use that catagory to sponsor.
I can get them a signed job contract no problem my old employer has already offered me a job in the UK for my return paying more than enough, but as I said I haven't worked in a while while we have lived abroad. I read though that document and it says you can mix categories but I guess to use Cat A I need to have a job offer and previous employment. If that is the case I'm just going to have to liquidate some investments and using the savings categories this isn't ideal but if it is the only way, i was hoping for another option but it doesn't appear to be the case other than getting a job for the next 6 months.

Thanks.

EDIT: I reread the document this morning while I'm more awake and found the example that fits me so my only options are get a job for 6 months or liquidate assets. Simple

Last edited by Oaken; Mar 10th 2015 at 12:34 am. Reason: Awake
Old Mar 10th 2015, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

...... and you need savings of 62,500 GBP and, in most cases, must have held them for 6 months minimum.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
...... and you need savings of 62,500 GBP and, in most cases, must have held them for 6 months minimum.
Don't think that's valid for me as far as I can tell, It says in the document that, cash which came from investments and property are exempt from the 6 month rule if you can prove its value 6 months prior for investments and for property your net profit is enough after paying and existing debt.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think that's valid for me as far as I can tell, It says in the document that, cash which came from investments and property are exempt from the 6 month rule if you can prove its value 6 months prior for investments and for property your net profit is enough after paying and existing debt.
That's why I said "in most cases" ....... a lot people have savings from various sources in deposit accounts ......