including children on spouse visa

Old Feb 20th 2019, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

austintouk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default including children on spouse visa

Hi, I am applying for my husband and two kids under the spouse/family visa (from US). I completed the application for my husband and under the family section, I added the two kids as dependents. When I got to the payment for IHS, it said he had no dependents. I am wondering if this is an issue. Do I need to restart his application? Or do I apply for the children in separate applications? I’ve been unsuccessful with finding information about children included on spouse visas.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: including children on spouse visa

Originally Posted by austintouk
Hi, I am applying for my husband and two kids under the spouse/family visa (from US). I completed the application for my husband and under the family section, I added the two kids as dependents. When I got to the payment for IHS, it said he had no dependents. I am wondering if this is an issue. Do I need to restart his application? Or do I apply for the children in separate applications? I’ve been unsuccessful with finding information about children included on spouse visas.
Each child must have his or her separate application. Then for ihs it seems they don't collect the for the kids at payment. Most ppl say they get an email telling them to pay ihs for the kids during the assessment of the application
Old Feb 20th 2019, 3:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You’ll need to lodge a separate application for each of them.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 3:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Are they not your children (just your husbands)?, or were you unable to pass British citizenship to them for some reason?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone. I am a British citizen by descent, so have to apply for the kids as well.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 4:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. I am a British citizen by descent, so have to apply for the kids as well.
Did you spend any time in the UK before your children were born?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

I spent a year studying abroad in the UK. Does that make a difference in the application?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 5:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I spent a year studying abroad in the UK. Does that make a difference in the application?
No, unfortunately, but three years living in the UK before you gave birth, could have enabled you to pass on citizenship.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

One other question...on the accommodation requirement. I have the land registry document for my aunt’s house and a draft letter from her saying that we can stay with her. Does this letter need to be an original signature? Or can it be an electronic signature? Is the land registry document sufficient if they own the home outright? The guidelines and what I read online were somewhat vague as to what exactly was required. Thank you!
Old Feb 20th 2019, 5:26 pm

One other question...on the accommodation requirement. I have the land registry document for my aunt’s house and a draft letter from her saying that we can stay with her. Does this letter need to be an original signature? Or can it be an electronic signature? Is the land registry document sufficient if they own the home outright? The guidelines and what I read online were somewhat vague as to what exactly was required. Thank you!
I would send the Land Registry title deed, a signed-in-ink original permission letter which includes her contact details and a colour photocopy of her passport.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

What about the appendices? For example, appendix 2 has a check box for spouse and also for a child. Do I need to complete appendix 2 for my husband and both kids (I.e. 3 completed forms, one for each person)? The way the questions are worded on appendix 2, it seems geared towards the spouse.

Also, I am confused if appendix 1 is applicable in my situation or if this is only for children who are joining parents who are already settled in the UK. We are all in US currently and looking to relocate to UK this summer.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 11:54 pm

Appendix 2 is the one you want. You should complete one for each application.