immigration of uk

Old May 6th 2012, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

shahid786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration of uk

hi. please help me i have an issue that can i live and work FOR permanent in uk on my EC Long -Term Residence Permit of ITALY (Permesso di Soggiorno per Soggiornanti di Lungo Periodo, SLP).thanks
Old May 7th 2012, 5:40 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration of uk

Originally Posted by shahid786 View Post
hi. please help me i have an issue that can i live and work FOR permanent in uk on my EC Long -Term Residence Permit of ITALY (Permesso di Soggiorno per Soggiornanti di Lungo Periodo, SLP).thanks
No you can't - not permanently. You can go and before three months are up you will have to aquire the necessary UK papers.

Condizioni prescritte per il soggiorno in un secondo Stato
membro
1. Quanto prima e comunque entro tre mesi dall'ingresso
nel territorio del secondo Stato membro, il soggiornante di
lungo periodo presenta domanda di permesso di soggiorno alle
autorità competenti di questo Stato.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...44:0053:IT:PDF
Old May 11th 2012, 9:33 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:38 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot.
You're welcome.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:41 am
Just Joined

its mean i can go to uk for 3 months without any visa?
Old May 11th 2012, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a non visa national? The UK is not in Schengen. Which country are you from?
Old May 11th 2012, 9:44 am

Yes but your permesso di soggiorno is not a travel document. You will need a passport too. You cannot travel with an Italian identity card - if you have one.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:50 am
Just Joined

i have a pakistani passport at the moment.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

i am from PAKISTAN
Old May 11th 2012, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

I think you might need a visa to enter the UK.
This board will be able to tell you what you need
www.immigrationboards.com
Old May 11th 2012, 11:00 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

i have a pakistani passport at the moment.
100% will need a visa to travel to the UK. When you have another nationality it will depend on what it is as to whether you need a visa.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia View Post
100% will need a visa to travel to the UK. When you have another nationality it will depend on what it is as to whether you need a visa.
I knew you would know the answer to that; I nearly said 'wait for pennylessinindia' to confirm
Old May 12th 2012, 8:09 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, shahid786! I think that your Italian "Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo" will enable you to travel visa-free (for short, non-working visits – up to 3 months) to other countries in the Schengen area, but it doesn't confer any benefits as far as I know for travel to the United Kingdom, which although in the EU is outside the Schengen area and operates its own immigration controls. As a citizen of Pakistan, you will need a visa issued by the UK, whatever the reason for your visit. (The same applies to Ireland, also not in the Schengen area, for which you would need an Irish visa.)