Wikiposts

Immigration TO the UK

Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

BlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration TO the UK

Sorry, I wasn't sure where I should put this but I wondered if anyone could help me out.

A british born friend is currently in India with her Indian boyfriend, they want to settle in the UK. I've researched visas, the obvious ones, work permit over six months (as he is wanting to settle here) and fiance visa but I was wondering what the implications would be if he came on a visitors visa, recieved a job and then applied for a work visa? Can he do this legally? They want to do things properly as they wish to settle here but they're not ready to get married yet. I've given him some contacts where he might secure a (non skilled) job but they would want an almost immediate start.

As I said, I've got a lot of "official" bumpff I printed off the government website, now I'm just looking for a "personal" angle.....as in....would he stand a chance if he did it this way? is it a regular thing to apply for a work visa once you're here? that sort of thing.

Thanks for any help/suggestions offered.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

seamonsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Not as far as I know. Visa's aren't usually transferable. Why don't they just get married? Would make life a lot easier! :-)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

BlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBlueScottyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's been suggested but they're in no rush it seems!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:07 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by BlueScottyGirl
It's been suggested but they're in no rush it seems!

UK has tightened its visa laws preventing people from changing their status once in the country especially if they came in on a visitors visa. if he wasnt a visa national then he could have changed not on visitors visa.

And work permit jobs dont come that easy. his best bet will be the HSMP, as its easier to get that then the job.