Immagrating to the UK from South africa

Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Question Immagrating to the UK from South africa

Hi Guys and Girls

Well we have decided to leave SA and move to the UK but we have some questions

I can get my British passport as both my parents was born lived and married in the UK.They came To SA in the 1970 and I was born before 1980 Most of my family is still in the UK

1. My husband needs a Visa - what type of visa will he need??
2. My kids from a previous marriage are also coming with me what types of visa will the need ages 8 and 14 ?
3. Do we need to have a 2-way airline ticket or can we get a 1 way?

Thank u so much
The Doulin's

sorry about the spelling

Last edited by Doulin; Jan 12th 2009 at 11:08 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immagrating to the UK from South africa

Hi Doulin
We came over to Northern Ireland in April 08 from South Africa but I had a British passport as I was born in Northern Ireland. We applied for a spousal visa for my husband which is valid for two years in which time he'll have to take the Life Test. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it so I can't give you any info there. Can't answer the question on visa's for your children. We all came into the UK on 1 way tickets although at the time of booking the tickets it wouldn't have cost us much extra if we had of booked return tickets and it would have saved us some money as my OH is going back for three weeks in Feb.
Donna
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Donna Allan
Hi Doulin
We came over to Northern Ireland in April 08 from South Africa but I had a British passport as I was born in Northern Ireland. We applied for a spousal visa for my husband which is valid for two years in which time he'll have to take the Life Test. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it so I can't give you any info there. Can't answer the question on visa's for your children. We all came into the UK on 1 way tickets although at the time of booking the tickets it wouldn't have cost us much extra if we had of booked return tickets and it would have saved us some money as my OH is going back for three weeks in Feb.
Donna
thank u for your reply i have been reading all your post and some helpfull hints in them
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

1. Spouse visa. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

2. Same visa (as dependents). After 3 years in the U.K. they can be registered as British citizens (otherwise than by descent). Will you be in the U.K. before older child turns 15?

Also, have you got sole custody of the children?

3. 1-way is ok with a residence visa or British passport.

If you are also a South African citizen, you must still use a South African passport to leave South Africa.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ

2. Same visa (as dependents). After 3 years in the U.K. they can be registered as British citizens (otherwise than by descent). Will you be in the U.K. before older child turns 15?

If you are also a South African citizen, you must still use a South African passport to leave South Africa.
Hi there JAJ

I have custody over the boys.. Ex has visiting rights but he is not involved in there life or pays any maintenance at all he maybe sees them 1 every 3 to 4 months ... I also have a letter from my ex that stats that he gives me permission to take the kids to th UK and live there.. Hope this is right?

Well we really hope to be there before the eldest 15 birthday in august why what could be the problem if we are not ? so that we can make arrangements ???

Thanks so much for your help here in SA help is not availible to us...

Regards

The Doulins
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ

Hi JAJ

Well we hope if all goes ok to be there before my son turns 15 end of Aug.. What will the problem be if we dont ??

I have full custody over the kids and my ex does have visiting rights but he is not involved in there life and only sees then 1 if the kids are lucky every 3 to 4 months.. he also does not pay any child support since the divorce.. I also do have a letter from him just incase i needed it to say that he gives me permision to take the kids to the UK. hope this will be ok??

Thank u for your help so far its so nice to see that there are people willing to help us start our new life in the UK where I belong

Regards
The Doulin's
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Doulin
thank u for your reply i have been reading all your post and some helpfull hints in them
Hi JAJ

Well we hope if all goes ok to be there before my son turns 15 end of Aug.. What will the problem be if we dont ??

I have full custody over the kids and my ex does have visiting rights but he is not involved in there life and only sees then 1 if the kids are lucky every 3 to 4 months.. he also does not pay any child support since the divorce.. I also do have a letter from him just incase i needed it to say that he gives me permision to take the kids to the UK. hope this will be ok??

Thank u for your help so far its so nice to see that there are people willing to help us start our new life in the UK where I belong

Regards
The Doulin's
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi JAJ

Regards
The Doulin's
how did i post a reply 3 time lol sorry about that
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Well after what happened today We cant wait to Go to the UK!!

My 2 sons was walking home from school and they rob them at knife point for a cell phone that is 4 years old Cant believe this country SA our kids arent safe anymore!!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Doulin,

You'll be OK apart from one thing............. the new laws require you to know how to spell "immigration" and "immigrating"..............

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 14th 2009 at 7:27 pm. Reason: and
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi Doulin,

You'll be OK apart from one thing............. the new laws require you to know how to spell "immigration" and "immigrating"..............
.......... or in your case, "emigration" and "emigrating"................
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
.......... or in your case, "emigration" and "emigrating"................
If u checked my one post I did apologise...I did not see it till it was posted and I tried to fix It.. And for Your Info I dont need to take the Test as I am a British Citizen.. So please excuse me for being human I did not know I am Not allowed to make a mistake now and Then.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If u checked my one post I did apologise...I did not see it till it was posted and I tried to fix It.. And for Your Info I dont need to take the Test as I am a British Citizen.. So please excuse me for being human I did not know I am Not allowed to make a mistake now and Then.
There is no test. I was joking (see PM just sent to you).

Good luck on your fourthcumming move.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's to do with the UK residency requirements if your children want to go to a UK university. They have to have been resident for 3 years prior to starting Uni otherwise will be charged the high "overseas student" fees.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:22 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Doulin family. Just absolutely pees me off at such horrible things that are happening in SA anymore. I still have two sisters, and nieces and nephews in that country. They too have had their share of crime but it is too long and complicated to explain why they don't leave. Sincerely hope you folk get out soon. Best wishes to you and yours. Tegwyn.

Was going to ask if that letter of permission is a legal one? My ex had a change of heart last minute which led to a long and expensive court case. Will help with all the paper work on the other end too.

Last edited by Tegwyn; Jan 15th 2009 at 1:26 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.