ILR Wait during Family Emergency

Old Jan 10th 2023, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

morris1773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR Wait during Family Emergency

Hi,

My wife submitted her ILR applications at the 6th January non-priority and has the appointment for her bio-metrics on the 26th January. She has just received some bad news, that a family memeber doesn't have long to live and so needs to return asap. Is there anything she could do? Her existing visa is now out of date, and I looked and we can no longer upgrade the priority, but if she leaves the ILR application will be cancelled. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 11th 2023, 7:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR Wait during Family Emergency

If the current visa has expired then you have few options. The only practical solution I can see would be submit a fresh application via Super Priority and a paid appointment slot but you lose the original application fee.

Last edited by BritInParis; Jan 11th 2023 at 7:06 am.