ILR-supporting docs

Old Feb 16th 2022, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR-supporting docs

Hi everyone,

We are very grateful for all contributions and support we received on this platform since my wife's spouse visa (2016) and FLR (2019) which were both successful.

We have paid and submitted her ILR application and are just finalising the supporting documents. The process seems much better and simpler however we just have one question in regards to documents upload particularly our passports: Do the passport scans need to be of every single page or will the photo and bio data page of the passports be enough?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Last edited by omario2016; Feb 16th 2022 at 3:47 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 16th 2022, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR-supporting docs

We scanned every page of our passports (plus her previous passport which had her entry stamp). It wasn't much extra work to do and that way we knew we were safe. One tip - don't do what I did and scan everything in colour, they ask for black and white scans and I found out when I was about to upload so I had to do it all again !!! Good luck !
Old Feb 19th 2022, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for your reply. We are not sure whether to submit supporting documents without every page of passports being scanned as we don't have a scanner at home and not sure if using scanning Apps will be accepted. I think they can always ask us if they do want to every page scanned as it is not mentioned as part of the checklist for supporting documents.
Old Feb 19th 2022, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can have everything scanned at the appointment, I am sure it is an option.
Old Feb 20th 2022, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

I think there is slight change since you applied. They emailed us to say that there may be no need to attend an appointment. They will use the biometric data from previous application apparently and as for the docs, they have asked us to upload them however still subject to confirmation. Basically they could still ask us to attend an appointment. I think they mentioned a new App too through which we will have to submit her passport size digital photo.
Old Feb 20th 2022, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Big change since last year if they don't want you to attend an appointment !
Old Feb 21st 2022, 8:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you are submitting your biometrics via the app then you’ll need to scan and upload your own documents. If you are applying for ILR then I would upload all the pages of your passport as evidence of days spent outside the UK.
Old Feb 21st 2022, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Thank you both. We scanned every single pages of her passports (old and current) and uploaded it.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

This is just a message to say that my wife just received a message confirming to her that her ILR application has been successful. We did not pay priority service and it took around 3 calendar months. We are grateful to those who have been responding to my posts since 2016 (spouse visa) and for this forum giving the platform for such great support!

Good day to you all and all the best to all applicants!
Old Jun 7th 2022, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Brilliant news, I know how you must be feeling !!! Interesting that it took three months - my wife's ILR took five months without priority (May to October 2021), so even better news for you.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Hello dear chap, was wondering and knew you would be pleased to know given we almost started this journey around the same time. Yes we are over the moon and are already planning a holiday now that she can travel again
as for the time it took, I suspect the fact that we used savings route may have helped but you never know...

Has your partner applied for her British passport? We are hoping to this ASAP.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

@Omario - yes, I had been wondering how you were getting on....My wife is Chinese and if she takes a British passport she has to give up her Chinese passport amd citizenship. So not an easy decision, for the moment we haven't really thought much about it.

We used savings too, so I guess the timing can just vary for no obvious reason!