ILR and financial requirements

Old Dec 2nd 2023, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

boingboing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR and financial requirements

Hi again,

I'm a little confused following a letter from our immigration lawyer.

On the one hand, I have confirmed that the minimum cash savings of £34,600 will be used, which is mentioned in the letter, but further in the letter it is stated that I need to provide up to date evidence of gross annual earnings exceeding £18,600 so I am confused what exactly I have to show to meet the financial requirement. Is it both £34,600 plus £18,600 or one or the other?

We do have income that meets £18,600 but it would have to be joint, not individual.

Can anyone give a definitive answer on the financial requirement for ILR. Thanks,
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR and financial requirements

My wife and I were in exactly this position, and she used £34,600 savings for her ILR application and nothing else. You do not need both.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

boingboing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
My wife and I were in exactly this position, and she used £34,600 savings for her ILR application and nothing else. You do not need both.
Thanks for confirming, I thought that would be the case.

Can you recall how long you had to wait for approval? I know waiting times may not necessarily be similar today compared to when your wife applied.

Also did you have to provide an official English language test certificate? Trinity College, where the test was done, said that the Home Office only needs a TCL reference number to look up. We also have an email link to view the certificate online.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that our timing is helpful since things can change, but for what it's worth she applied in May 2021 and got the decision in October 2021, using standard service.

She just input the TCL reference number of her test certificate in her application, there was no need to submit the certificate.

Last edited by DernierVirage; Dec 2nd 2023 at 1:16 pm. Reason: typo