ILR dilemma on documents

Old May 21st 2014, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

bmahoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR dilemma on documents

Hie guys. I came here on a child Visa when i was 17. Now i'm 18 and i need to apply for ilr. Well, fortunately i found that i'm eligible using set(f) form as a child who came with a view to settle. My issue is that my father came here on a spouse Visa and i followed him since he had been married to a british citizen. How can we go about the application since we are applying for ilr simultaneously and are required to provide the same documents. Can the home office consider the applications at the same time. We can not afford to make mistakes since our Visas will expire on 8 June. I'll be writing my Life in the UK test tomorrow. One more thing, is it ok if i use my dad as my sponsor since he will be applying for ilr as well or i should use my step-mom(when i came here, i came under the sponsorship of my father but on the ilr application form, they said that my sponsor should either be a citizen or should have settled here)
Old May 21st 2014, 11:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR dilemma on documents

How long has your father been in the UK? It's usually a minimum of five years residence before you can became eligible for ILR (two years for spouses of British citizens who came to the UK before July 2012).
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:42 am
Just Joined

bmahoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ILR dilemma on documents

my dad came in March 2012 so he is subject to the old rules