ILR for child

Old Nov 18th 2018, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Kentse1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR for child

1) What’s the residence requirements for ILR for 5 years route?
From my understanding & read from web site, you cannot absent from UK for more than 450 days within the 5 years period. However, I heard story that the ILR application got rejected & have to switch to 10 years route. The applicant applied ILR when 2nd leave to remain visa is going to expire. Home office replied that the application had not been stayed in the UK for the whole length of 5 years as he was away for 3 month (i.e only 57 months instead of full length of 60 months for 5 years). 2) My child isn’t British as my citizenship is thro’ by descent. If my child come to UK under settlement visa when he is 15, he will become 20 when he complete the 5 years residence requirement. Will that affect his application on citizenship as he already turned to adulthood?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR for child

1) There isn’t any official limit but you should be spending the majority of your time in the UK in order to be considered resident.

2) Once he is granted ILR he’ll need to naturalise of his accord.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
1) There isn’t any official limit but you should be spending the majority of your time in the UK in order to be considered resident.

2) Once he is granted ILR he’ll need to naturalise of his accord.
Thx BP. If he is over 18 after 5 years residence, will it be more difficult to obtain ILR or he can still be treated as my dependent?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 11:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentse1973
Thx BP. If he is over 18 after 5 years residence, will it be more difficult to obtain ILR or he can still be treated as my dependent?
Providing he applies at the same time then he can still apply as a dependent. Once he’s gained ILR he’ll be considered independent.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Providing he applies at the same time then he can still apply as a dependent. Once he’s gained ILR he’ll be considered independent.
Thx BP. What’s the difference between independent & dependent when apply citizenship?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kentse1973
Thx BP. What’s the difference between independent & dependent when apply citizenship?
If he was under 18 you, as the parents, would lodge an application for registration on his behalf. Once he is over 18 he’ll need to apply to naturalise under his own steam.