ILR Application - Uploading of Documents

Old Feb 27th 2024, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

oxygen28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR Application - Uploading of Documents

Hi all,

I have my UKVCAS Biometrics appointment on 7th Mar and currently working on my documents. Aiming to start uploading my documents tomorrow. Please can someone advise until when am I allowed to upload my documents in case there are rules here?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 27th 2024, 2:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR Application - Uploading of Documents

You can continue to upload documents until you attend your appointment.
Old Feb 27th 2024, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks BritInParis!
Old Mar 2nd 2024, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused on the item below:

"All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK"

Please can you let me know if this is just covering my spouse visa period-5year period? Or should I also cover those visits and stay over 13years ago when I went and lived in the UK under student visa and those visit visas I did over 13years ago?

Thanks,
Old Mar 2nd 2024, 8:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s everything, presuming you still hold them. Just the biodata page though, not every page.
Old Mar 3rd 2024, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s everything, presuming you still hold them. Just the biodata page though, not every page.
Thanks so much BritInParis! Yes, Luckily I have all passports with me.

Follow-up questions;
1.) Degree certificate to prove level of English language require - so I will upload my degree certificate here. Should I also upload here my Life in the UK test result or in the optional?

Please could you kindly confirm if all are align?
Mandatory documents for applicant
1.) Document signed by partner Your partner should download, sign and return the following declaration: Your partner's relationship declaration: I will upload the downloaded file that my husband signed.
2.) The passport for the applicant - I uploaded my current passport

Other documents for applicant
3.) Degree certificate to prove level of English language require - I will upload my degree certificate here.
4.) All previous passports that you used to travel to or remain in the UK: I will upload all passports - info page only.
5.) Current BRP of applicant: uploaded my current BRP (front & back)
6.) 6 letters and/or other documents to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5years:
- house #1: total 6x letters= in both names: council tax, Property solicitor, bills; in each name; NHS, Health insurance letters, Bank statements, HMRC
- 3X on both names; 3x on applicants name only; 3 x on sponsors name only
- house #2: total 6x letters=
- 4x on both names: 4x on applicants name only; 2x on sponsors name only

7.) Evidence of sponsor's settled status in the UK: I will upload sponsor' passport and birth certificate
8.) Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held i an account(s) of joint throughout the period of 6 months prior..: although its a joint account but the bank system has limitation in printing the 2023 bank statement showing both names and I only have a copy of the bank statement on my name printed prior to my application date - I will upload this. But would also thinking to upload my husbands copy printed after my application date. both copies has same content just different printed dates from the bank. I tried using downloading from the bank websites, however, as this is a savings account, it doesn't show the accounts name - only account number and no bank logo at all. Maybe that would work on current accounts only. I'm quite worried with the "joint"
9.) A declaration by joint of the sources of the cash savings xxxxxx: Letter from me and my husband address to UKVI explaining about the savings; a copy of payslips (not sure if this is needed as we are savings route but I also feel I should? I'm more anxious on this applications)
10,) Evidence of council tax costs: I will re-upload a copy of council tax (this is also uploaded on the correspondence letters - is that okay?)
11.) Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation: A copy of the mortgage payment copy from the bank, downloaded mortgage monthly payment from the bank, copy of my husbands monthly bank statements where the take out the monthly payments, a cover letter from me and my husband explaining about the mortgage.
12.) Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK: A letter address to UKVI explaining family ties here, a compilation of photos over the 2.5 years, progressing career for applicant and sponsor, Anything else that I could support my application?
13.) (Optional) if you have more documents that you think may support your application, upload here: not sure what to put here as I'm doing the savings route
- do I need to upload 6 months payslips for me and husband?
- is this where I should upload the Life in the UK test?
- do I need to upload my driving license
- would it help if I upload my previous BRP (Leave to enter) and vignette (Spouse visa)

Please let me know what else I should upload to support my application.

Thanks and sorry as this is long.
Old Mar 6th 2024, 1:17 am

Looks good. A few comments/observations:

3. If your degree was awarded by a UK university then just your certificate or transcript is required. If it was taught in English but awarded overseas then you’ll also need to include your NARIC/Ecctis verification statements.

8. Cash savings can be held under the name of the applicant, the sponsor or jointly.

9. You don’t need to provide payslips if you are meeting the financial requirements through cash savings. Adding payslips will only run the risk of muddling the waters in that regard.

10. Yes, you can reuse your Council Tax bills.

12. This should be left empty.

13. Upload your Life in the UK Test URN confirmation email here. There should be a dedicated category for previous visas but if not then upload your previous visas/BRPs here also. Payslips or your driving licence is not required.
Old Mar 6th 2024, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Looks good. A few comments/observations:

3. If your degree was awarded by a UK university then just your certificate or transcript is required. If it was taught in English but awarded overseas then you’ll also need to include your NARIC/Ecctis verification statements.

8. Cash savings can be held under the name of the applicant, the sponsor or jointly.

9. You don’t need to provide payslips if you are meeting the financial requirements through cash savings. Adding payslips will only run the risk of muddling the waters in that regard.

10. Yes, you can reuse your Council Tax bills.

12. This should be left empty.

13. Upload your Life in the UK Test URN confirmation email here. There should be a dedicated category for previous visas but if not then upload your previous visas/BRPs here also. Payslips or your driving licence is not required.
Hi BritInParis,

Thanks for coming back.

Luckily the uploaded documents can still be removed. Please see changes as per your advise.

3. If your degree was awarded by a UK university then just your certificate or transcript is required. If it was taught in English but awarded overseas then you’ll also need to include your NARIC/Ecctis verification statements.--> Yes, UK degree so I've uploaded my certificate. I removed the Life in the UK test result and upload at 13. (Optional)

8. Cash savings can be held under the name of the applicant, the sponsor or jointly. >> Okay, no need for my husband to go to the bank to get himself a copy. For some reason, he went in yesterday and the bank is closed.

9. You don’t need to provide payslips if you are meeting the financial requirements through cash savings. Adding payslips will only run the risk of muddling the waters in that regard. --> Agree. I removed the copies of payslips for me & my husband. I removed the letter of declaration just to change some wordings to explain where the money came from.

10. Yes, you can reuse your Council Tax bills. --. Thanks

12. This should be left empty. --> Unfortunately, on the form that I filled our I answered yes. Documents part, I said I have other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK and then I provide the reasons such as family closeness, property investments, career. So basically the files we put there is just explaining our reasons for wanting to stay. I hope this wont be an issue?

Thanks

13. Upload your Life in the UK Test URN confirmation email here. There should be a dedicated category for previous visas but if not then upload your previous visas/BRPs here also. Payslips or your driving licence is not required.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 6th 2024, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

HI all,

Quick question, in the UKVCAS website, after uploading the documents do I need to do anything else? I don't see submit button or I might have missed it?

Please advise.

Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2024, 1:16 pm

If you’ve already added a response to the form then no harm to leaving these documents up. The ECO should ignore them unless they plan on refusing your application.

There’s no submit button. The option to upload or delete files will just be removed after you attend your biometrics appointment.
Old Mar 6th 2024, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

If you’ve already added a response to the form then no harm to leaving these documents up. The ECO should ignore them unless they plan on refusing your application.

There’s no submit button. The option to upload or delete files will just be removed after you attend your biometrics appointment.
HI BritInParis,

Thanks for coming back.

re: 12.) Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK --. oh dear. I thought I needed to defend my wanting to stay in the UK. So when I tick the I have other reasons for wanting to stay, I explain the family closeness on both sides, helping out when my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had operation and how being near the family made it somehow bearable and the more reason I wanted to stay. Plus explained the property here and progressing career.. that was stated on my application form..

Now i feel that if I don't support some documents there, I'll get refusal. Oh dear. Oh dear.

My appointment is tomorrow. I still pray for successful application *fingers-crossed*

But thanks for all your help and guidance, it means a lot.

Thanks,

Old Mar 6th 2024, 2:41 pm

It’s nothing to worry about. That question is only there if you don’t meet the standard requirements.
Old Mar 7th 2024, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

It’s nothing to worry about. That question is only there if you don’t meet the standard requirements.
Hi BritInParis and all,

Just giving an update - I did my biometrics at 11:30 today. I got an email after 2 hours confirming that my application has been successful. I'm so happy and wishing everyone successful application too.

Thank you all most especially to you BritInParis! You've been patient =).
Old Mar 7th 2024, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by oxygen28
Hi BritInParis and all,

Just giving an update - I did my biometrics at 11:30 today. I got an email after 2 hours confirming that my application has been successful. I'm so happy and wishing everyone successful application too.

Thank you all most especially to you BritInParis! You've been patient =).