ILE Visa - Issues at Border?

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

CJ2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILE Visa - Issues at Border?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone who has had an Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) visa in hand, and that is valid, and been refused entry at the border? Do the border officials have the right to refuse an ILE?

Thanks for any information.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILE Visa - Issues at Border?

Do you have any reason to believe you would be refused entry?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

No, but when we went back in 2018, we were stopped at the border for 1.5 hours, and our hosts were telephoned to ensure that we were staying there. They wanted to know all about the previous 2 refusals with the SS route, and they brought forward the concern that I would leave my children in boarding school and then leave the country. This was not even a thought in my mind as I never leave my children. They finally stamped the passports with a 6 month stay. We left the country 10 days later for Spain, and when we returned 3.5 weeks later, we had the same treatment even though we had tickets to return to Canada within the fortnight.

The lawyer states that they will most likely NOT deny an issued ILE, but it doesn't mean that they won't question me. I want to be sure that, once we leave our life in Canada, that we don't end up returning here.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 9:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That was to be expected given you were attempting to enter the UK as visitors. That won’t be a consideration this time around.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
That was to be expected given you were attempting to enter the UK as visitors. That won’t be a consideration this time around.

Thanks SO much, BritInParis.