British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   IHS technical issues on payment last 2 days (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/ihs-technical-issues-payment-last-2-days-904119/)

Podram Oct 4th 2017 7:57 am

IHS technical issues on payment last 2 days

Hello all,

We are trying to complete our online registration and keep getting the error message with Pay For IHS.

Sorry, we are experiencing technical problems.
Please try again later

We sent an email - they took the money then we got an error message so not sure it went through (but they took the money of course).

I have called the hotline who said they were aware of a problem with the page then went on to ask if we have tried different browsers.. so they contradicted themselves and cant confirm if the problem with us or with the system? We have of course tried different browsers and different machines and from different countries.

Has anyone else experienced this and managed to overcome it? I am worried that we sit waiting and nothing further happens.

Thanks in advance.

Podram Oct 4th 2017 7:49 pm

Re: IHS technical issues on payment last 2 days

Okay, after three expensive calls they tell me there is a system fault that will hopefully be resolved in 24 hours.

makhan27 Oct 5th 2017 1:01 pm

I called them three times over the 3 days and they said they working on it. Dont know how quick they could fix it cos i want to submit my case already.

Podram Oct 5th 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks makkan27, I called them again today. They said their system was up at around 7:30 then its off again. They said to check in 2 hours... very frustrating after such a long wait

dreamcatcher666 Oct 5th 2017 1:45 pm

I have been struggling with this problem for 2 days and I have checked it few minutes ago but the same error message appeared. ANY updates about this problem.

Thank you

j4v3d Oct 5th 2017 2:37 pm

Seems like the whole process is broken!

Podram Oct 5th 2017 2:38 pm

Yes j4v3d, and on more than one level!

j4v3d Oct 5th 2017 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Podram (Post 12354308)
Yes j4v3d, and on more than one level!

It's a disgrace that they say they've sorted it then it breaks again, just adds unnecessary stress for the applicant.

spereira87 Oct 5th 2017 3:35 pm

I have the same issue. I called yesterday about this technical problem and I was told it was going to be ready today in the morning...and nothing!

This is very stressful that I can't finish my application because of a stupid glitch!.

makhan27 Oct 5th 2017 3:52 pm

Its just shambles considering the amount of money spent on the whole process.

If anyone manages to progress on this part of the application please update us all.

Podram Oct 5th 2017 4:03 pm

Yes, good idea - I have spent GBP25 on calls so far... which is a rip-off given that its their fault and I'm not asking advice. They said I would have to raise a complaint if I wanted to try and recover the funds!

makhan27 Oct 5th 2017 4:50 pm

What boils my blood is how useless and stupid the staff on the other side of the phone. I spoke to someone earlier who told me to scrap my application and start all over. They never deal with the problem but just beat round it.

K8Bos Oct 5th 2017 6:08 pm

I to am in the same position! It is extremely frustrating considering the time it takes to fill in the form! I hope we don't have to start from scratch as someone has suggested! The people on the other end of the phone seem to have no clue!

I would appreciate to hear from any one who has success with the IHS payment!

makhan27 Oct 5th 2017 7:00 pm

Btw no one start a fresh one as I did and still encountered the same problem. The technical error is on their side not ours so we just need to wait for the green light.

sawebs Oct 5th 2017 7:26 pm

I have been trying for 3 days to pay the IHS payment. I called them this morning at £1.37 a minute and they said there was a problem but should be ok soon. Been trying all day. They also told me that I need to use Internet Explorer 10 or Chrome 29 or 30. I have 2 PCs and a Mac. One PC is on Windows 8. One is on Windows 10. The Mac is obviously on Safari. I also have Chrome installed on each of them. None of them work. I understand that you can't install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 or 10 PCs. I called them again in the afternoon (at £1.37 a minute) and they said the system is still down but any browser should be fine. Still doesn't work for me. Outrageous.