IHS payment requested -- getting close?

Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IHS payment requested -- getting close?

Finally some good news with a request to pay the IHS for our three children. I have read this can be an indication that 1) we are close to the end of this process and can only assume that 2) it means it will be approved.

Can anyone assist with timelines after getting such a request. We already have changeable flights booked (for the 31st) but were planning on cancelling them tomorrow ... this has given us some hope that we might almost make it, even with Christmas coming.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IHS payment requested -- getting close?

Which visa are you applying for? Is this for wife and children or just children?

When you first applied (online?) why did you not pay for the IHS surcharge for the children at the time?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prospect
Finally some good news with a request to pay the IHS for our three children. I have read this can be an indication that 1) we are close to the end of this process and can only assume that 2) it means it will be approved.

Can anyone assist with timelines after getting such a request. We already have changeable flights booked (for the 31st) but were planning on cancelling them tomorrow ... this has given us some hope that we might almost make it, even with Christmas coming.
My wife got a request to pay the IHS for herself on November 22nd and got a decision made email on December 1st.

Regards to 2, I agree this is likely the case as I wouldn't expect they would ask you to pay IHS if there is a chance that you might get refused as it would mean a whole lot of unnecessary admin and paperwork to refund the payments.

While the turnaround for my wife took 7 working days, can't say for sure if it would be the same here as your circumstances differ and also Xmas is around the corner.

All the best.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Which visa are you applying for? Is this for wife and children or just children?

When you first applied (online?) why did you not pay for the IHS surcharge for the children at the time?
I paid for mine at time of submission but as per UKVI "unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue".
Old Dec 20th 2017, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prospect
I paid for mine at time of submission but as per UKVI "unfortunately there is a bug with the IHS Portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct. We are working to resolve this issue".
Are yes ...... the bug. So you are applying for settlement visas?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Yes settlement for myself (spouse) and three kids. Partner has ROA. There was some disagreement on here a few weeks back about whether we would need to pay -- but can't pay without it progressing, so pay I did!