If The Baby Born in UK

Old Jul 26th 2016, 9:35 am
Just Joined

new_look is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If The Baby Born in UK

I born in UAE Dubai and I hold British citizen passport by descent with registration certificate under section 4B been qualified from my British overseas citizen passport.

Earlier - Since I born in Dubai I was having the British overseas citizen this was from my parents (both are born in Aden Yemen) who were having British overseas citizen since that time, as well as my grandfather who was having the British passport.

My parents also got the qualified to British citizen registration certificate and hold British citizen passports currently, however all of us are under the same section which is 4B as described by descent.

I live in Dubai as it’s my main home and working here as well with my wife.

My wife is none British national and we are excepting to have new born baby soon and we have contacted the British embassy for inquiry regarding the child passport they advised that being British citizen by descent does not have the ability to transmit the nationality and issue passport to my children if they born in Dubai and the child will end up with stateless in UAE (my wife can’t transmit her nationality as per her country law),

However if my wife give the birth and to be born in UK and my name is mentioned and indicated in the birth certificate of the child the baby is entitled for the passport automatically.

Is this information is correct ? is the current British citizen nationality I have is sufficient to transmit it to my baby if born in UK and issue the passport immediately or must see the previous category of my British nationality which was oversees citizen and build some requirements and decision on.

If I am not permanent residence in UK will this also affect the issue of the baby passport.

We are very worried about the states of our baby and we need proper gaudiness as might be some information we are not aware about it and get surprised when we reach UK.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:03 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If The Baby Born in UK

Originally Posted by wmmk
I born in UAE Dubai and I hold British citizen passport by descent with registration certificate under section 4B been qualified from my British overseas citizen passport.

Earlier - Since I born in Dubai I was having the British overseas citizen this was from my parents (both are born in Aden Yemen) who were having British overseas citizen since that time, as well as my grandfather who was having the British passport.

My parents also got the qualified to British citizen registration certificate and hold British citizen passports currently, however all of us are under the same section which is 4B as described by descent.

I live in Dubai as it’s my main home and working here as well with my wife.

My wife is none British national and we are excepting to have new born baby soon and we have contacted the British embassy for inquiry regarding the child passport they advised that being British citizen by descent does not have the ability to transmit the nationality and issue passport to my children if they born in Dubai and the child will end up with stateless in UAE (my wife can’t transmit her nationality as per her country law),

However if my wife give the birth and to be born in UK and my name is mentioned and indicated in the birth certificate of the child the baby is entitled for the passport automatically.

Is this information is correct ? is the current British citizen nationality I have is sufficient to transmit it to my baby if born in UK and issue the passport immediately or must see the previous category of my British nationality which was oversees citizen and build some requirements and decision on.

If I am not permanent residence in UK will this also affect the issue of the baby passport.

We are very worried about the states of our baby and we need proper gaudiness as might be some information we are not aware about it and get surprised when we reach UK.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon
Do you hold any other nationality that can be passed on to baby? If the child is truely stateless, you may be able to register him as a British citizen even though you are British by descent.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Dear

Is this registration is applicable to be process in UK if birth is happen there? Means i need to apply this registered if I decide to give my wife delivery in UK

I don't have other nationality, however we don't want our baby end stateless in UAE
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Britinparis is the poster who is an authority on this type of question.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

I can't approach BritInParis by the direct message

Can someone assist me to pass my concern to Mr. BritInParis
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Dear

Is this registration is applicable to be process in UK if birth is happen there? Means i need to apply this registered if I decide to give my wife delivery in UK

I don't have other nationality, however we don't want our baby end stateless in UAE
As scot47 said, BiP is the expert. But as I understand it, you, as a citizen by descent can return to the UK, but your pregnant wife would need a spouse visa to join you there (whether or not she was pregnant). You'd also most likely have to pay for the medical costs of the birth.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:35 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear

If the baby is born in the UAE and is genuinely stateless the home office will consider your application to register your baby a a British citizen by decent even though you are yourself British by descent. BritinParis will be along when he can to give his very valid opinion.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Dear

Thank you

However my concern if we travel to UK and give the birth there, what are the results based on my posted concerns

Needs to understand the UK formalities

My wife will enter with visitor visa as we intend not to stay more than 3 months

And visa section advice that this visa will be fine, however we will pay the cost of all private hospitals which we agreed
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear

Thank you

However my concern if we travel to UK and give the birth there, what are the results based on my posted concerns

Needs to understand the UK formalities

My wife will enter with visitor visa as we intend not to stay more than 3 months

And visa section advice that this visa will be fine, however we will pay the cost of all private hospitals which we agreed
Have a look at the link below with regards to UK's standard visitor visa -

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

Your wife may wish to consider giving birth to your child in Ireland. As a British Citizen, your child born in Ireland will have Irish citizenship.

Citizenship through birth in Ireland
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you dear

The entry visa was sorted out and confirmed with HM visa that she is able to enter and give birth based on this visa
We have mentioned in the visa application that for medical care as well

My concern is that If I am not permanent residence in UK will this also affect the issue of the baby passport.

As well as the notes which I wrote in my post

Please advise
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you dear

The entry visa was sorted out and confirmed with HM visa that she is able to enter and give birth based on this visa
We have mentioned in the visa application that for medical care as well

My concern is that If I am not permanent residence in UK will this also affect the issue of the baby passport.

As well as the notes which I wrote in my post

Please advise
Someone born in the UK with one of his parent being a British Citizen, will become a British Citizen.

If your wife has a visa to come and give birth in the UK, you should consider to look for a private hospital in Northern Ireland. As I said above, your child born in Northern Ireland will be entitle to Irish, as well as British Citizenship. 2 for the price of 1!

In the post Brexit world, having Irish citizenship will mean that your child will have freedom of movement in the EU.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I can't approach BritInParis by the direct message

Can someone assist me to pass my concern to Mr. BritInParis
Brit in Paris is indeed an extremely knowledgeable poster who gives excellent advice. However, he volunteers his time if and when he's able to so it's not appropriate for other members to contact him on your behalf.

Since the issue you're asking about is very important to you and your family and you seem to need answers quickly, it would be worth paying for advice. Have you considered consulting an experienced and registered migration advisor?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 10:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A few questions before I can give a definite answer; have you spent any time living in the UK? What passport does your wife hold (Somali)?
Old Jul 27th 2016, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the answer

I study for year in 1990 on student visa and om my British overseas passport

My wife is UAE national

At the moment i have British citizens passport
Old Jul 27th 2016, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Dear BritInParis

Is this information affecting my entitlements of obtaining passport for the baby born in UK.

I live in Dubai as it’s my main home and working here as well with my wife, and I am not permanent residence in UK.

Thank you and hope to get in touch soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.