Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 11/10/2017
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on :19/10/2017
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable):
Status check 08/12/2017: "waiting for decision"
Contacted with 'decision made' :
Contacted for Collection :
Collection made :
Decision of Application :

My question is i have submitted all required documents as per the guidelines available on GOV website.
i was in UK on student visa in recent past too, but returned to my home country without extending visa anymore,
The IELTS which i submitted with my spouse visa application is IELTS for UKVI (Academic) with 7.0 Band, from approved center (British Council Lahore)
i am little confused, as this IELTS is not a Life Skill, i consulted my Wife (Sponsor) she works in Home Office too but in different department not in visa processing one, she said this IELTS for UKVI from approved testing center is sufficient,,,
i am still not sure, and preparing myself for visa refusal based on IELTS.
please anyone would like to elaborate it little bit?
Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Nasreen baji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS test for UK Spouse visa

So have you got any update regarding visa approval? I need to know, is IELTS UKVI academic is acceptable for spouse visa or not?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

solmbbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nasreen baji
So have you got any update regarding visa approval? I need to know, is IELTS UKVI academic is acceptable for spouse visa or not?
Hey
well visa was refused based on wrong IELTS (Academic)
they mentioned in refusal letter IELTS LIFE SKILLS B1 for UKVI is required,
i had 7.0 band IELTS from approved testing center but application got refused on this small mistake of mine......so please follow exactly the same test per Home Office/UKVI requirement,
you already submitted your application?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Nasreen baji is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by solmbbs
Hey
well visa was refused based on wrong IELTS (Academic)
they mentioned in refusal letter IELTS LIFE SKILLS B1 for UKVI is required,
i had 7.0 band IELTS from approved testing center but application got refused on this small mistake of mine......so please follow exactly the same test per Home Office/UKVI requirement,
you already submitted your application?
Oh i see.
No i just had given the ielts academic ukvi and have a plan to apply spouse visa on the basis of ielts academic. Can you tell me the exact wording of your rejection so that can have some idea about the English requirement!
Secondly, did you mentioned your Ielts ukvi number and its reference number in the application?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can't use the academic IELTS to meet the English language requirement.

Check what you can use here: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nasreen baji
Oh i see.
No i just had given the ielts academic ukvi and have a plan to apply spouse visa on the basis of ielts academic. Can you tell me the exact wording of your rejection so that can have some idea about the English requirement!
Secondly, did you mentioned your Ielts ukvi number and its reference number in the application?
only life skills IELTS for UKVI having unique UKVI number to verify IELTS (not academic) only acceptable evidence for English language for UK spouse visa is IELTS life skills A1 from approved testing center. (that's what HO said exactly).
so my suggestion to you is you should book Life Skills A1 test from approved UKVI testing center at your earliest, don't waste time and efforts for academic, it wont be accepted.

i have submitted and reapplied last week with priority and obviously with IELTS life skills A1 test from approved center.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

EuTa is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't quite get it. Am I missing something? Nowhere in the rules did I see that one can't take IELTS UKVI academic, the one that checks four skills. For example: Immigration Rules Appendix FM: family members. Family members. English language requirement

E-ECP.4.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence that they-
(a) are a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN.1.6.;
(b) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;

And doesn't the red text here mean that you can but don't have to pass full IELTS:
An applicant in the partner or parent routes does not need to demonstrate reading and writing skills and may produce the required evidence of speaking and listening skills at level A1 or A2, or above, of CEFR even if they fail on reading and writing (where they take a test which examines all four skills). The decision maker should ignore test scores in reading and writing in partner and parent applications as those skills are not required to meet the Immigration Rules. (from Immigration Directorate Instruction. Family Migration: Annex A3. English Language Requirement – Family Members under Part 8, Appendix FM and Appendix Armed Forces)

IELTS page on British Council website provides a guide (https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org...%20I%20need?):
Visa description - Family of a settled person visa
CEFR level required - A1
Skills -Speaking and Listening
IELTS test and score required -
IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass
IELTS – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening
There is also a note: IELTS can be used where IELTS Life Skills is used; candidates would need to get 4.0 or above in Speaking and Listening (scores for Reading and Writing will be ignored).

Last edited by EuTa; Feb 3rd 2018 at 10:34 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

well,,before submitting my first application i consulted with 2 solicitors in London and other people who were immigration consultants, and majority suggested me that my academic IELTS is sufficient to prove my English language as this one is higher, but i got refused due to this wrong information, UKVI will only accept life skills A1 for spouse visa (nothing else at all) no matter what band in academic or in general is 6 or 7 or 8, and by the way academic test report or dont contains unique UKVI number on it, only life skills test report having this number, did both and i can see the difference in IELTS certificate
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

well,,before submitting my first application i consulted with 2 solicitors in London and other people who were immigration consultants, and majority suggested me that my academic IELTS is sufficient to prove my English language as this one is higher, but i got refused due to this wrong information, UKVI will only accept life skills A1 for spouse visa (nothing else at all) no matter what band in academic or in general is 6 or 7 or 8, and by the way academic test report or dont contains unique UKVI number on it, only life skills test report having this number, did both and i can see the difference in IELTS certificate
Out of interest how much did you pay them for that advice?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

I am sorry to hear about that. The thing is, I passed IELTS UKVI academic in September 2017 and it did have UKVI No on it, different from the standard IELTS No
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

BritInParis
500 really waste of money
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EuTa
I am sorry to hear about that. The thing is, I passed IELTS UKVI academic in September 2017 and it did have UKVI No on it, different from the standard IELTS No
well, as i have wasted almost 2500 on my first application and now almost 2700 on 2nd (current application) my advise is not to take chance and submit life skills,, its your choice if you want to take chance, (:
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

BritInParis
My goodness! And the price of the wrong exam on top of that!
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by EuTa
I can't quite get it. Am I missing something? Nowhere in the rules did I see that one can't take IELTS UKVI academic, the one that checks four skills. For example: Immigration Rules Appendix FM: family members. Family members. English language requirement

E-ECP.4.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence that they-
(a) are a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN.1.6.;
(b) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;
"Approved by the Secretary of State" is the key phrase. The list of approved tests/providers is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...language-tests

And doesn't the red text here mean that you can but don't have to pass full IELTS:
An applicant in the partner or parent routes does not need to demonstrate reading and writing skills and may produce the required evidence of speaking and listening skills at level A1 or A2, or above, of CEFR even if they fail on reading and writing (where they take a test which examines all four skills). The decision maker should ignore test scores in reading and writing in partner and parent applications as those skills are not required to meet the Immigration Rules. (from Immigration Directorate Instruction. Family Migration: Annex A3. English Language Requirement – Family Members under Part 8, Appendix FM and Appendix Armed Forces)

IELTS page on British Council website provides a guide (https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org...%20I%20need?):
Visa description - Family of a settled person visa
CEFR level required - A1
Skills -Speaking and Listening
IELTS test and score required -
IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass
IELTS – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening
There is also a note: IELTS can be used where IELTS Life Skills is used; candidates would need to get 4.0 or above in Speaking and Listening (scores for Reading and Writing will be ignored).
You have to take the whole test however the reading and writing results can be ignored for the purposes of a partner or parent visa.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:45 pm

BritInParis
Did you only ask about the English language requirement or did they give you advice regarding the whole application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.