I have an ILE and getting married..

Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

wandererme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have an ILE and getting married..

Hello Everyone,

I am really confused with these ILE and ILR visa category.

I got an ILE with the joint account to my father. I entered UK with the ILE visa and been staying here from past three months. But I haven't been doing any kind of work. I have my ni numbers and all. Before getting commited to any kind of work I want to go back to my country.

Now, I want to go back to my country and get married to my bf.

The problem is that, I heard that the ILE visa could be canceled if I get married before having any kind of job. IS it true?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:18 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I have an ILE and getting married..

this question sounds complex and may be better dealt with by immigration experts than a site for British Expats. If you have ILR in your passport you can go back to your home country and marry. However you can only bring a spouse to the UK if you are over 21
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wandererme ,

Welcome to BE. However I am wondering if you are on the right forum as the majority of us here are British and so do not know anything about visa's or work permits for foreign nationals who want to live and work in the UK. Where is your "home country"?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you get ILE in the first place? Have you passed Life in the UK yet? Or have you had ILE since before passing Life in the UK was necessary?