Husband's kids and their mum's details

Old Feb 26th 2022, 11:13 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 225
OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Husband's kids and their mum's details

Please am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to extend my spouse visa and the form is asking for my husband's other kids details and even their mum's details. Things like passport data page and utility bills. These kids are British citizens. I didn't expect to be asked all that. I'm confused. Please help if you can. Thank you.
OSJG is offline  
Old Feb 26th 2022, 5:19 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 9,116
SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Originally Posted by OSJG View Post
Please am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to extend my spouse visa and the form is asking for my husband's other kids details and even their mum's details. Things like passport data page and utility bills. These kids are British citizens. I didn't expect to be asked all that. I'm confused. Please help if you can. Thank you.
Have you input them as dependents (ie he has other kids he needs to support) of your husband?
How old are the 'kids' Are they dependents? If so, then yes, their info is asked for.

To clarify - the kids are not 'dependents' with regard your visa application as they are British citizens. They are not applying for a visa.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Feb 26th 2022 at 5:23 pm.
SanDiegogirl is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2022, 7:25 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 225
OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Thank you SDG. So the form asked if my husband has other kids in the UK who are NOT applying. To which I selected yes. Then it asks for their names, mother's names, where their mother lives and even utility bill to prove their mother lives there. They kids are British citizens, 17 and 12. I was thinking I have a wrong form. My initial visa application, they did ask if he had other kids and I said yes but just asked for names and dob. This now requiring me to get their mother's utility bill and the kids passport data page. That's kind of a big ask re the mum's proof of residence. It also ask for court docs to prove the arrangements I have with them as per visits etc. There are no such docs. They've always lived with their mum and my husband was never married to her. So I'm confused as per that too.

For my visa type, the options were family or settlement. I went for family. Did I select the right one or should it have been settlement. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.
OSJG is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2022, 7:42 pm
  #4  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 9,116
SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

There are some similar kinds of posts in other forums regarding these questions.
Most people seem to input as much as they can and then include an explanatory letter about the circumstances.
Family is the correct visa (FLR(M)
SanDiegogirl is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2022, 11:28 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 225
OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Thank you so much SDG. I will do just that.

Would I need a letter from my house agents saying we are renting, number of rooms and sizes of each rooms too just like we did for the initial entry clearance or will just a tenancy agreement suffice here? I'm not sure if that's needed for renewal. Thank you so much for your help
OSJG is offline  
Old Mar 11th 2022, 8:12 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 18
smineke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
There are some similar kinds of posts in other forums regarding these questions.
Most people seem to input as much as they can and then include an explanatory letter about the circumstances.
Family is the correct visa (FLR(M)
Hey everyone on here,
OSJG.. I totally remember your handle from when I was applying for my 'leave to enter' in 2019. Can't believe it's that time again..! Hope it's going alright for you.. I read some of your questions. Did you find any guidance notes? I had a few tabs open with various docs, but unfortunately, the window got accidentally closed and I didn't have anything saved in the history so I'll have to see whether I come across the same ones again. I'm hoping to complete my online application over the next two weekends, and submit thereafter (I have to, because my BRP expires March 28th).. I've done most of the grunt work on the application, but have quite a few long answers to do and other things like letters and collecting all my documents.

Anyway, I had a related question.. Maybe SDG can help me out, as well (thanks in advance to all you pros!) Based on this answer, I think I might be also be the family route, but I just always thought it was 'settlement'. In big black marker on the UPS package in which my 'leave to enter' application returned to me to Toronto from Sheffield, it says 'Settlement WIFE/SHEFF/VAC' so I think I always thought it was settlement for me.
My husband and I were married in 2015 in neither of our home countries. He's British. I'm Canadian. I want to come live in the UK with him, our boys (his sons from his first marriage) and our daughter that we had together (born in Canada, but British citizen, too, due to her dad). So, is that 'settlement' or 'family'?

Thanks guys!
smineke is offline  
Old Mar 11th 2022, 9:27 pm
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 9,116
SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

I want to come live in the UK with him .... and yet you had a leave to enter application back in 2019.

Did you not enter the UK back in 2019..... are you re-applying again?

If re-applying this would be a 'family' visa ....
SanDiegogirl is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2022, 12:24 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 225
OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Originally Posted by smineke View Post
Hey everyone on here,
OSJG.. I totally remember your handle from when I was applying for my 'leave to enter' in 2019. Can't believe it's that time again..! Hope it's going alright for you.. I read some of your questions. Did you find any guidance notes? I had a few tabs open with various docs, but unfortunately, the window got accidentally closed and I didn't have anything saved in the history so I'll have to see whether I come across the same ones again. I'm hoping to complete my online application over the next two weekends, and submit thereafter (I have to, because my BRP expires March 28th).. I've done most of the grunt work on the application, but have quite a few long answers to do and other things like letters and collecting all my documents.

Anyway, I had a related question.. Maybe SDG can help me out, as well (thanks in advance to all you pros!) Based on this answer, I think I might be also be the family route, but I just always thought it was 'settlement'. In big black marker on the UPS package in which my 'leave to enter' application returned to me to Toronto from Sheffield, it says 'Settlement WIFE/SHEFF/VAC' so I think I always thought it was settlement for me.
My husband and I were married in 2015 in neither of our home countries. He's British. I'm Canadian. I want to come live in the UK with him, our boys (his sons from his first marriage) and our daughter that we had together (born in Canada, but British citizen, too, due to her dad). So, is that 'settlement' or 'family'?

Thanks guys!

I know right? Time does fly when you're having fun. I hope you've been ok too. Yes, I selected Family as advised by SDG. I was also confused but I felt strongly towards family. I guess settlement should be for ILR
OSJG is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2022, 8:58 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 225
OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
Have you input them as dependents (ie he has other kids he needs to support) of your husband?
How old are the 'kids' Are they dependents? If so, then yes, their info is asked for.

To clarify - the kids are not 'dependents' with regard your visa application as they are British citizens. They are not applying for a visa.
SDG, I'm at the declaration forms part. I'm not confused about the one I'm to sign or the one my husband is to sign. However remember the form asked to include my step kids birth certificate and the proof of address where they live with their mum so I have their council tax and I was able to get a letter from their mum. My question now is that because of these I have included, is there any additional declaration form to be filled? I know the financial support from third party doesn't concern us but I'm wondering if the 4th form the one about third party information does. Will their mum have to sign that or does that all fall under my husband's docs. That part is really confusing. Please I would appreciate any help. Thank you
OSJG is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2022, 2:27 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 18
smineke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Hi SDG,
Yes.. I came in July 2019 and have been living here now in the UK for the last two years and eight months. Sorry, I just meant that that was the route I was on... so I thought it might still be settlement. Sorry if that was confusing. If it's actually family, that's great.. Thanks so much.
But yes, I am doing my re-application now for the 'further leave to remain' as the spouse of a British citizen. So, I'll change that from 'settlement' to 'family'.

I did have one other small point if you wouldn't mind helping me out again (I have one bigger one that I'll create a new post for):
When it asks for countries where you have lived, I started with Canada where I was born and basically lived for the majority of my life.. but in Uni, I started working and traveling abroad and also afterwards. Do I need to provide dates for when I have come back to Canada in between living in other countries. For example, if I did internships in Uni or travelled abroad to study and live in another country, I would put these countries down and the approximate dates, but I wouldn't put the times in between that I would come back to Canada. So I basically put in that I lived in Canada from my date of birth until the day I left Canada for the UK (3 July 2019)? And each entry thereafter is for the places I lived apart from Canada. Does that make sense? I did mention this in the first blurb that goes along with why I was in the country..

Thanks in advance for any help on that!
smineke is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2022, 2:34 pm
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 18
smineke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Husband's kids and their mum's details

Thanks OSJG! Haha, yeah totally.
We've all been well here, thank you.. alhamdulillah. Just praying now that this all goes easy..

I've changed mine to family now, and I see it makes sense as the next question that followed asked about how that is applicable ie. as a spouse of a British citizen.

Plus I realised just now that when I sign in to my application every time, it actually says 'family route' so I guess I just totally missed that!!
Thanks again. Tawfiq, inshaAllah.
smineke is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.