HR won't put pay date on pay slips

Old Oct 17th 2019, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Prince88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy HR won't put pay date on pay slips

Hi, I am in a bit of Dilemma the HR Department refused to add pay date to my payslips!!

My pay slips have the name month and start date: for example 1st of September to 30th of September. My official pay date is the 29th of the month

Is a letter from them stating official pay date is on the 29th of the month (my pay date) and if that date falls on weekend pay day will be the following working day, will that letter be enough?

is the absence of pay date on my pay slips a ground for refusal? I am not sure my HR department will give me a letter proving the pay date!

Old Oct 17th 2019, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HR won't put pay date on pay slips

Payslips don't need to have the actual date pay is made, just the period over which the pay is applicable. i.e September 1 - 30, 2019
Old Oct 17th 2019, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Dear SanDiego Girl thanks for replaying back. I just read now in previous thread that the date on payslips should match the date money is deposited in the account .

this answer was given by Brit In Paris. (not saying his right or wrong) I think the safest bet is if payslips have the pay date on them tbh

I am not quite sure what to make of it, do you know any official guidelines from the home office to back your point?

Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prince88
Dear SanDiego Girl thanks for replaying back. I just read now in previous thread that the date on payslips should match the date money is deposited in the account .

this answer was given by Brit In Paris. (not saying his right or wrong) I think the safest bet is if payslips have the pay date on them tbh

I am not quite sure what to make of it, do you know any official guidelines from the home office to back your point?

No I don't.... but have looked back at some old payslips of mine and they don't have any payday dates on them......
Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No I don't.... but have looked back at some old payslips of mine and they don't have any payday dates on them......
Did you use those payslips for you spouse visa application?
Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did you use those payslips for you spouse visa application?
Never applied for a spouse visa..... just saying what my old UK payslips used to contain.

Why is HR refusing to put a paydate by the way? Presume it is not just yours which does not have a paydate.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Oct 17th 2019 at 6:35 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 7:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That was because the pay date on the other poster’s payslips did not match the date the salary was paid into his account. You don’t have that problem because the slips cover the entire month.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I put in a search for "typical payslips UK" and the following came up:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...nYZZuAwOJuOuM:

Some of the payslips have date of payslips, some don't. All have some form of showing pay period - either by date or pay period number or tax period being paid; some show days of month, (1-30 September) some only have the month of pay (September)

However, by reading the info on the payslips carefully, one can deduce what is being paid and when.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Never applied for a spouse visa..... just saying what my old UK payslips used to contain.

Why is HR refusing to put a paydate by the way? Presume it is not just yours which does not have a paydate.
For the life of me I don't Know why they won't, had an argument with them about it and just they told me to complain to the HR manager!!

yes your right thats they don't put paydate on everyone's payslips
Old Oct 17th 2019, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That was because the pay date on the other poster’s payslips did not match the date the salary was paid into his account. You don’t have that problem because the slips cover the entire month.

hi thanks for replying, I have attached a copy of my pay slips. So like you said it should be ok ,have look and let me know what you think.

The total on that payslip should be 16097.25 QAR, however on that pay slip the total earning displays only 16097.00 and they deposited 16097.25 into my bank account (same with rest of payslips).
I am quite certain new payslips are needed with correct total earning to match the amount deposited into my account.

I appreciate all your help👍🏾
Old Oct 17th 2019, 10:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, their sums don’t add up. I would get that fixed and don’t worry about dates.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 9:22 am
Just Joined

👍🏾👍🏾