How/When do I pay for IHS?

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

grayts21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How/When do I pay for IHS?

Hello, I need some help finding out what to pay for my IHS online. I have already paid for my visa (settlement) to join my wife in the UK. Now I need, I assume, to pay for the IHS Immigration Health Surcharge, but when I go to the page to pay, and get my reference number, it does NOT ask me to pay for it. It just gives me the reference number. I have looked and looked for a place to pay, but can't find anyplace.

I obtained the visa online, did I pay for IHS when I paid for my visa?

Was there a place to pay for it on the visa forms that I missed?

Do I pay for it during my biometrics appointment?

Do I need a certificate of sponsorship from my wife, a UK citizen, for IHS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How/When do I pay for IHS?

You pay for the IHS when you are completing the application form.

On the "apply" page it states that you should go to the IHS website to see if you have to pay and how to do so:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply

The reference number should be included in your documents which are sent to Sheffield.

You say that you have applied on line, and that you have a reference number. Therefore it sounds as though you paid for the IHS at the time you were completing your application - however I can't be certain about this .

If you did then surely you would have some record of the payment: credit card, cheque etc

You don't need a certificate of sponsorship but you must have a relevant IHS reference number.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Although Australians were exempt from paying the IHS at the time I applied for my spouse visa, I still had to follow the link in my visa application and register for an IHS number. This is the email I was sent after I'd done that:

UK Visas & Immigration

Immigration health surcharge complete

Date: Oct 8, 2015
Name: MS SPOUSE OF SCOUSE
IHS reference number: IHS1***64***

This email confirms your immigration health surcharge (IHS) reference number.

If you made a payment, you should have received a separate email receipt from Worldpay.

What you need to do next

Finish your visa application and include your IHS reference number.

If you’re applying in person at a premium service centre, you’ll need your IHS reference number when you attend your appointment.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

When I paid for my visa, I paid £1000, 1552 USD. Does anyone know if this is just he visa cost, or if it included the IHS cost?

Tony
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grayts21
When I paid for my visa, I paid £1000, 1552 USD. Does anyone know if this is just he visa cost, or if it included the IHS cost?

Tony
What visa did you apply and pay for?

If a settlement (spouse) then no, it does not sound like you paid for the IHS which, itself alone, is 200 GBP per year (500 GBP for the first 2.5 year initial spouse visa).

How are you getting a reference number?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 2:50 am
Just Joined

It is a settlement (spouse) visa.

I noticed in the email for my appointment this line:
Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 24th 2017 at 5:24 am. Reason: link playing havoc as new member. sorry about that.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 9:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It is a settlement (spouse) visa.

I noticed in the email for my appointment this line:
Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.
It sounds to me like the reference number you're talking about is your visa application reference number, not an IHS reference number. Below is a cut and paste from the email I received when I submitted my visa application online - please also note the c&p I provided above, which solely relates to the IHS and has its own reference number (which is different to the visa application reference number). In other words - one email with reference number when you submit your visa application, another email with reference number when you apply for/pay your IHS.

Dear Spouse of Scouse

Visa Application Reference Number - GWF0***130**

The cost of your application is : $‎2,278.00

Supporting Documents – A guide to the documents required to support your visa application can be found by selecting your visa type at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration and following the link to documents you must provide.

VFS Perth Visa Application Centre
Level 3
267 St Georges Terrace
Perth, WA

If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

IMPORTANT – Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application which must be signed and dated and contain a bar code on the first page - if no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer.

The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.

Completed Application – Please log in to your account at http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome and select ‘View My Applications’ to view your application and application history

Customer Feedback – You can give some very quick feedback on the visa applicationyou have just completed at http://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoff...k/s/88206EUQBM
Old Mar 25th 2017, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Hello All,

Thanks for you help.

In my previous post the link was removed. Here is the link I used to get an IHS reference number and tried to pay for it. Note, link split up so it does not cause problems.

www . immigration-health-surcharge . service . gov . uk / payment / start

If this link does not show up then, I googled for "How to pay for IHS online" to get it.

The reference number I have for visa is not the same as the reference number I received for the IHS, from the above link.

The reference number format I have is "IHS145###24##" with IHS at the beginning and 9 digits. Is this the correct IHS number?

IHS reference number Created Name Action
IHS145###24## 18/03/2017 17:39:02

Tony
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

anna1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am holder of a valid Residence card of family member of a union citizen.My husband is Greek and he is working in UK.We have 6 years married.Do I need entry visa to travel in UK?
I appreciate your answer.Thank you !
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by anna1
Hi
I am holder of a valid Residence card of family member of a union citizen.My husband is Greek and he is working in UK.We have 6 years married.Do I need entry visa to travel in UK?
I appreciate your answer.Thank you !
You can visit the UK with your Article 10 resident card, although it is recommended that you obtain an EEA Family permit card.

You cannot live and work in the UK with just an Article 10 resident card; again you need to apply for an EEA Family Permit.
Old Apr 5th 2017, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

anna1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I apply for EEA Family Permit in the UK, while my husband is there and working?Sorry Im not good with information becouse I live in Crete and the ambassy is in Athens.They work only with appointments
Thank you so much
Old Apr 5th 2017, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by anna1
Can I apply for EEA Family Permit in the UK, while my husband is there and working?Sorry Im not good with information becouse I live in Crete and the ambassy is in Athens.They work only with appointments
Thank you so much
No ..
Old Oct 27th 2017, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Thanks for you help.

In my previous post the link was removed. Here is the link I used to get an IHS reference number and tried to pay for it. Note, link split up so it does not cause problems.

www . immigration-health-surcharge . service . gov . uk / payment / start

If this link does not show up then, I googled for "How to pay for IHS online" to get it.

The reference number I have for visa is not the same as the reference number I received for the IHS, from the above link.

The reference number format I have is "IHS145###24##" with IHS at the beginning and 9 digits. Is this the correct IHS number?

IHS reference number Created Name Action
IHS145###24## 18/03/2017 17:39:02

Tony
I wanted to find out how this turned out as my wife is in a similar situation where she didn’t get the IHS link to pay the surcharge during her online application but the reason for this was because we incorrectly selected the Settlement -> Marriage category type rather than Settlement -> Wife.

We were advised that because we stated in our application that we’re already married and provided documentation to prove this, it’s likely that the ECO will send the IHS link via email and request that it is paid within 7 working days.
Old May 1st 2018, 2:17 am
Just Joined

eribird33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello--I am about to submit my EEA Family Permit from the US to join my EU spouse who is currently working in the UK. Do I need to pay for the Health Surcharge? I'm a bit confused because it says:

For visa applications made outside the UK, you need to pay if:

-you’re a national of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
-you’re applying for a visa to work, study or join your family in the UK for more than 6 months (but you’re not applying to remain in the UK permanently)

...but then it gives information about who DOESN'T need to pay:

Who doesn’t need to pay or get an IHS reference number
You’ll be able to use the NHS without paying the surcharge or getting a reference number if:

-you’re a family member of a European national with European Union treaty rights

It's confusing because the two lists are not mutually exclusive? And I fit the criteria for the two bullet points under the 1st list, but also I am the family member of my EU husband who is exercising his treaty rights in the UK. Any advice on which to go by?? Thank you!!
Old May 1st 2018, 5:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eribird33
Hello--I am about to submit my EEA Family Permit from the US to join my EU spouse who is currently working in the UK. Do I need to pay for the Health Surcharge? I'm a bit confused because it says:

For visa applications made outside the UK, you need to pay if:

-you’re a national of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
-you’re applying for a visa to work, study or join your family in the UK for more than 6 months (but you’re not applying to remain in the UK permanently)

...but then it gives information about who DOESN'T need to pay:

Who doesn’t need to pay or get an IHS reference number
You’ll be able to use the NHS without paying the surcharge or getting a reference number if:

-you’re a family member of a European national with European Union treaty rights

It's confusing because the two lists are not mutually exclusive? And I fit the criteria for the two bullet points under the 1st list, but also I am the family member of my EU husband who is exercising his treaty rights in the UK. Any advice on which to go by?? Thank you!!
They are mutually exclusive as an EEA Family Permit is only valid for six months. You are not required to pay the IHS if you're applying for an EEA Family Permit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.