How to switch Fiance visa to spouse visa?

Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:18 am
Just Joined

gbsb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to switch Fiance visa to spouse visa?

Hi, I am Malaysian and going to get married with British citizen.
My Marriage Settlement Visa (settle in the UK for good after marriage/ or call Fiancee visa) granted last month the validation given is
from 20 Dec 14 - 20 June 15.
I will be flying there 20 feb 15. I have questions on how to switch the marriage settlemnt visa to Spouse Visa
and I will be so grateful for your generous responds.

1) Can I purchase one way ticket cos after getting married will stay in the UK??
2) Do I need to present my single status declaration cert tat I am free to marry (nvr married before)??
3) We've booked and will get married in Belfast City Hall Registrar Office, Northern Ireland, UK on 17 March 2015. Is this marriage cert valid issued by Belfast City Hall? or have to go to marriage centre listed by UKBA? If do, where are they?
4) This is important, once we married, can we switch the marriage visa to Spouse Visa in Belfast too? How and Where to submit/apply the 'switch' in Belfast?? Or need to fly to London and what is the address?
Does my spouse needs to go with me to apply?
5) Usually how soon to know the result if the Spouse visa is granted?

6) Is there any advice for any specific documents that I need to bring there while I am still in home country?

7) How much is the Spouse fee (single/no dependent) for my case? I paid 1513USD for marriage settlement visa.

Thank you.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to switch Fiance visa to spouse visa?

Hello and welcome to the forum

I've shifted your post into the visa section of the Moving Back to the UK section of the forum, as you'll be more likely to get response in this section. Hope it all goes well.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

rokjit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gbsb
Hi, I am Malaysian and going to get married with British citizen.
My Marriage Settlement Visa (settle in the UK for good after marriage/ or call Fiancee visa) granted last month the validation given is
from 20 Dec 14 - 20 June 15.
I will be flying there 20 feb 15. I have questions on how to switch the marriage settlemnt visa to Spouse Visa
and I will be so grateful for your generous responds.

1) Can I purchase one way ticket cos after getting married will stay in the UK??
2) Do I need to present my single status declaration cert tat I am free to marry (nvr married before)??
3) We've booked and will get married in Belfast City Hall Registrar Office, Northern Ireland, UK on 17 March 2015. Is this marriage cert valid issued by Belfast City Hall? or have to go to marriage centre listed by UKBA? If do, where are they?
4) This is important, once we married, can we switch the marriage visa to Spouse Visa in Belfast too? How and Where to submit/apply the 'switch' in Belfast?? Or need to fly to London and what is the address?
Does my spouse needs to go with me to apply?
5) Usually how soon to know the result if the Spouse visa is granted?

6) Is there any advice for any specific documents that I need to bring there while I am still in home country?

7) How much is the Spouse fee (single/no dependent) for my case? I paid 1513USD for marriage settlement visa.

Thank you.
Hi congratulations on the the fiance visa. I am due to apply next month with my partner.

You only need to book a one way flight

you should provide all documents similar to fiance visa so everything you have already gathered make 2nd ones

marriage is fine anywhere where they have a license

there will be local visa application centres but you get the option of postal applications or visa centre for same day decisions but it is more expensive around £400 extra

spouse visa is exact same cost as fiance visa

Hope that helps answer a few questions
Old Dec 26th 2014, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Hi May I know what is the procedure and the address of switching the Fiance Visa to Spouse Visa in Belfast, Northern ireland?

Currently I am holding multi entry Marriage visa (or fiancee visa), am I allowed to travel to other European country?

Thank you and appreciate for your respond.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Rokjit thank you for your reply and thats very helpful. All the best to your fiance visa application.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 9:09 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can make an application by post or by visiting a Premium Service Centre. You'd need an appointment for the latter and it'll cost more but you'll get a same day decision whereas the postal route can take several months.

This is the address for the Premium Service in Belfast.

Drumkeen House
1 Drumkeen Complex
Upper Galwally
Belfast
BT8 6TB
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Hi Brit, thank you for your helpful reply.
Do you know what is the official site to find out the fee and processing
time if go for postal route.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 10:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brit, thank you for your helpful reply.
Do you know what is the official site to find out the fee and processing
time if go for postal route.
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family
Old Dec 31st 2014, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Thank you so so much!!
Old Dec 31st 2014, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Hi May I know what is the procedure and the address of switching the Fiance Visa to Spouse Visa in Belfast, Northern ireland?

Currently I am holding multi entry Marriage visa (or fiancee visa), am I allowed to travel to other European country?

Thank you and appreciate for your respond.
Just checking that when you say "marriage visa", that it is a settlement visa (permission to marry within 6 months and then stay in the UK to apply for a spouse visa) you hold?

And not a Marriage Visitor visa? Which has different rules.
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/overview

Last edited by formula; Dec 31st 2014 at 11:22 am.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Hi forrmula, yes I am holding 'marriage settlement visa.' My passport stamped 'Marriage CP, Multi entry' Thank you
Old Jan 1st 2015, 10:34 am
Just Joined

I submitted TB Test cert (valid for 3mths only) for Fiance visa (Malaysia is required). Does anybody know that do I need to take the TB test again for Spouse visa???
Thanks a lot
Old Jan 1st 2015, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

I submitted TB Test cert (valid for 3mths only) for Fiance visa (Malaysia is required). Does anybody know that do I need to take the TB test again for Spouse visa???
Thanks a lot
I'm not sure if anyone on this site will know about TB certs, but this forum will
Immigration for family members • Immigrationboards.com
Old Jan 4th 2015, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Sure, thank you
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:28 am
Just Joined

My marriage settlement visa (called fiance visa) is given/ valid from 20 Dec 14 - 20 June 15. However for some unexpected reasons we are going to postpone the marriage date to 31st May 2015 which only left 20 days to switch to spouse visa. Is it ok to postpone that long? any advice?
Is it true that that to apply/ switch it to spouse visa might just take one day/same day decision by using Premium Service in Belfast (at Drumkeen House/ go there personally), is that correct?? provided we are qualified with all the criteria, fingers crossed.

Thank you so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.