How to prove a relationship is genuine?

Old Apr 20th 2014, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to prove a relationship is genuine?

Hey there,

I've been a casual visitor to this site for a while but now find I need to start asking questions myself.

I understand that when applying for a spousal visa you need to prove your married. Which is what the marriage certificate is for, but how many and what other forms of proof are they expecting?

I've heard about rental contracts in both names, but bills are in the landlords name, China isn't very strict about these things. Should we change the bills to our names? Are bills necessary proof? What else can we supply?

Any replies would be great.

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to prove a relationship is genuine?

I just added a few pictures of us together, including a wedding photo. I included our marriage certificate and copies of our children's birth certificates where we are both named. We didn't have any issues.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 9:39 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

I still find it ridiculous.. that you need to prove the relationship is genuine even if you have kids or been together lets say... 4 years? and they still request such info..

anyway, photos pictures etc will do.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Cheers guys.

We've been married 2 years and in a relationship over 5 years. One person sent a cd with loads of photos together. I might print some out instead of a silly reason like they don't open computer files for virus reasons. I don't want any unnecessary issues.

We had a idea before to get our photos taken with newspapers to prove the year haha, might be good proof if you're able to prepare long enough in advance....
Old Apr 20th 2014, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

We sent printed photos spanning our 47 years together! Only about fifteen in all though. I hear they do not want dvd's or cd's. Anything that is sent to you in joint names, if not bills, bank accounts, letters etc. if couples have lived apart, then Skype records and such like.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

We applied about 3 weeks ago. I sent marriage certs, birth certs of our kids (they have both our names on), copy of house deeds with both names on, six months of bank statements with both names on, a letter from my sister stating our marriage is genuine....oh and a CD (yikes!!! now I just find out that they don't want CDs (I read they don't want dvds and videos but had not read CDs)) with a dozen pix taken over 15yrs of marriage (where you can clearly see us aging (particularly over the past six months dealing with this visa stuff!! - I'm much greyer!!!!).

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 21st 2014, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ncoomber
We applied about 3 weeks ago. I sent marriage certs, birth certs of our kids (they have both our names on), copy of house deeds with both names on, six months of bank statements with both names on, a letter from my sister stating our marriage is genuine....oh and a CD (yikes!!! now I just find out that they don't want CDs (I read they don't want dvds and videos but had not read CDs)) with a dozen pix taken over 15yrs of marriage (where you can clearly see us aging (particularly over the past six months dealing with this visa stuff!! - I'm much greyer!!!!).

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Haha, yours may have been the article i read about sending the CD. It seems logical and more up to date to send digital files, but this is Britain we're dealing with, i think they like paper/hard copies of everything so they can store our applications at the British Library for future generations to laugh at us for attempting to bring foreigners into the country under Mr Cameron's rule
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

When we applied 3 years ago we just sent copies of her old UK visas & EEA family permits going back over 10 years - there was never more than a 6 month gap between them and we had to prove that we were married and living together for each one
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
When we applied 3 years ago we just sent copies of her old UK visas & EEA family permits going back over 10 years - there was never more than a 6 month gap between them and we had to prove that we were married and living together for each one
So even though you had applied and received multiple visas I'm the past you had to show each time that you were in a real marriage? Sounds a bit ridiculous. Surely some things could be kept on record to make reapplying easier.