How many days can we leave the uk with Spouse Visa?

Old May 6th 2018, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

masterprince is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many days can we leave the uk with Spouse Visa?

HI And Brit thanks for earlier clarifications . Much appreciated

Sorry to jump in this thread .. I just need to understand your bullet point

3) No, that's not correct. You will need a total of five years residence before becoming eligible for ILR in May 2021. Once you have obtained ILR then, providing you are married to a British citizen, you can then apply to naturalise as a British citizen without a further waiting period of 12 months.

Do you mean if say one married to British citizen and completed 2.5+2.5 years = 5 years then there is no wait of one year? What I understood previously is that 2.5+2.5 years + 1 Year ILR = 6 years in total and then one can be eligible for UK Citizen

Please correct me if I am wrong
Old May 6th 2018, 8:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masterprince
HI And Brit thanks for earlier clarifications . Much appreciated

Sorry to jump in this thread .. I just need to understand your bullet point

3) No, that's not correct. You will need a total of five years residence before becoming eligible for ILR in May 2021. Once you have obtained ILR then, providing you are married to a British citizen, you can then apply to naturalise as a British citizen without a further waiting period of 12 months.

Do you mean if say one married to British citizen and completed 2.5+2.5 years = 5 years then there is no wait of one year? What I understood previously is that 2.5+2.5 years + 1 Year ILR = 6 years in total and then one can be eligible for UK Citizen

Please correct me if I am wrong
The extra year's wait is only if you are not married to a British citizen. If you are married to a British citizen then you can apply for your naturalisation as soon as you receive your ILR.
Old May 7th 2018, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Brit ... Is there any reference for this point in Gov.uk site please just for my records
Old May 7th 2018, 11:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Brit ... Is there any reference for this point in Gov.uk site please just for my records
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...ritish-citizen
Old May 7th 2018, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Brit .. I might have missed it but I couldn't find in the GOV.UK site written 2.5years+2.5years and then ILR with no waiting of 1 year after ILR to gain citizenship .
Old May 7th 2018, 5:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Brit .. I might have missed it but I couldn't find in the GOV.UK site written 2.5years+2.5years and then ILR with no waiting of 1 year after ILR to gain citizenship .
It doesn't say you can apply without waiting 1 year after ILR because you don't have to wait 1 year before you apply.
Old May 7th 2018, 5:39 pm

Read it again. A spouse of a British citizen only needs three years residence and no time limit on their stay. Since ILR on a spouse visa now takes five years the spouse will be eligible as soon as he or she is granted ILR.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Sueyiwei is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis

Read it again. A spouse of a British citizen only needs three years residence and no time limit on their stay. Since ILR on a spouse visa now takes five years the spouse will be eligible as soon as he or she is granted ILR.
Hi BiP,

thank you for the information shared. I have had a look at the document shared by you about calculating continuous period for ILR, but it does not seem to cover spouse visa, please see page 4 “categories covered by this guidance “. Looking forward to your answer.

thanks from Susan
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 10:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sueyiwei

Hi BiP,

thank you for the information shared. I have had a look at the document shared by you about calculating continuous period for ILR, but it does not seem to cover spouse visa, please see page 4 “categories covered by this guidance “. Looking forward to your answer.

thanks from Susan
Please read the entire thread, the requirements for ILR with a spouse visa are clearly explained.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Sueyiwei
Hi BiP,

thanks from Susan
You are correct; that guidance is for not for those on spouse visas as technically there is no limit on your absences. Spending more than half your time outside the UK however could call into question whether you are a genuine resident of the UK. Also spending more than 450 days in the previous five years and 90 days in the last year outside the UK would affect your ability to apply for British citizenship.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Sueyiwei is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You are correct; that guidance is for not for those on spouse visas as technically there is no limit on your absences. Spending more than half your time outside the UK however could call into question whether you are a genuine resident of the UK. Also spending more than 450 days in the previous five years and 90 days in the last year outside the UK would affect your ability to apply for British citizenship.
Hi BiP,

Thank you very much for your reply. All my friends told me it is 3months, but I think I am gonna try it

Cheers
Susan
Old Aug 1st 2018, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

The Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's been more than year since your response on this topic. Can you please advise if the information you gave then, is still relevant today (July 2018). Thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by The Bell
I know it's been more than year since your response on this topic. Can you please advise if the information you gave then, is still relevant today (July 2018). Thanks.
If you're referring to me then, yes, nothing has changed as far as I am aware.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

The Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I was referring to you, and thanks very much for your usual speedy response and useful information. I used your advise on previous occasions when my wife was applying for her spouse visa, and the advise proved invaluable. Thanks again.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by The Bell
Yes I was referring to you, and thanks very much for your usual speedy response and useful information. I used your advise on previous occasions when my wife was applying for her spouse visa, and the advise proved invaluable. Thanks again.
You’re welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.