How long until after visa approved to move?

Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Indi129 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long until after visa approved to move?

British citizen living in the states for 7 years. My wife (US citizen) and kids (dual? Born in US but British citizenship by birthright) are looking to move
back to U.K. I understand the visa application from start to approval takes around 12-15 weeks for my wife. My question is, once approved, how long do we have to enter the U.K.?
Old Nov 25th 2019, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long until after visa approved to move?

Originally Posted by Indi129 View Post
British citizen living in the states for 7 years. My wife (US citizen) and kids (dual? Born in US but British citizenship by birthright) are looking to move
back to U.K. I understand the visa application from start to approval takes around 12-15 weeks for my wife. My question is, once approved, how long do we have to enter the U.K.?
Once visa is approved, you must enter the U.K within 30 days.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by niv619 View Post
Once visa is approved, you must enter the U.K within 30 days.
Is there any way to extend that, or to have the 30 days start at a later date? selling our home in the US but don’t want to be caught with an unsold house and the visa be approved, or sell the house and still be waiting months for the visa approval.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 2:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

When you complete your application, you nominate a date up to 6 months in the future that you wish to enter to UK. You must enter the UK and collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) within 30 days of that date, or the date your visa is approved, whichever is the later. Please be aware that the visa holder is not permitted to enter the UK prior to the date they've nominated in their application.

If you need more time to wrap up your affairs in your home country, the visa holder can enter the UK within the 30 day period, collect their BRP, and return to their home country to finish things up. The visa holder can enter the UK with or after their British spouse, but not before.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Really appreciate the detailed info, helped a lot!
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Really appreciate the detailed info, helped a lot!
You're very welcome. Good luck with the application and please do come back if you have any questions while filling it in.

Have just read your opening post again, you'd need to get your kids their British passports before applying. The good news is British children aren't included in the financial requirement.
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You're very welcome. Good luck with the application and please do come back if you have any questions while filling it in.

Have just read your opening post again, you'd need to get your kids their British passports before applying. The good news is British children aren't included in the financial requirement.
Yes, we’re waiting until either this weekend or 3rd Dec to get photos for the kids passports and get that started. Once we’ve received them, we’ll likely start on both the visa application and getting the house on the market!