Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

How long does homeoffice have to appeal to upper triburnal?

How long does homeoffice have to appeal to upper triburnal?

Old Aug 30th 2019, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Fity1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does homeoffice have to appeal to upper triburnal?

Hello
was jus hoping if someone can help me, my appeal was allowed in first tìer triburnal i just want to know how long does the home office have to challenge the decision of the judge and appeal to the upper triburnal
i would be very grateful if someone can help
Old Aug 31st 2019, 4:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does homeoffice have to appeal to upper triburnal?

Originally Posted by Fity1234
Hello
was jus hoping if someone can help me, my appeal was allowed in first tìer triburnal i just want to know how long does the home office have to challenge the decision of the judge and appeal to the upper triburnal
i would be very grateful if someone can help
Hi, no experience with this but have done some reading which may or may not be of assistance to you.

Have the Home Office informed you that they're going to appeal the first tier tribunal's decision?

According to this document, all parties that wish to appeal a first tier tribunal decision have to follow the same rules https://assets.publishing.service.go...eaflet-eng.pdf

So presumably that means that the Home Office would need to firstly appeal to the first tier tribunal for permission to appeal to the upper tier tribunal, within the time frames given here
https://www.gov.uk/upper-tribunal-im.../how-to-appeal
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Fity1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does homeoffice have to appeal to upper triburnal?

Thank you so much for ur reply
i read though it and it was very helpful.
The appeal was allowed on 26august the judge also sed that we should get our fee award to from the homeoffice
I have not heard anything from the home office yet about appealing to the upper triburnal
im just scared thinking what if they actually do appeal to the upper triburnal so i just wanted to know how many days do they have to appeal against a judges decision