Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

How long from Decision Made to passport ready for pickup (VFS Toronto)

How long from Decision Made to passport ready for pickup (VFS Toronto)

Old May 14th 2019, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

NateWagner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long from Decision Made to passport ready for pickup (VFS Toronto)

I'm on day 27 of a priority settlement (unmarried partner) - my partner called UKVI yesterday from the UK and was told that a decision has been made. How long after that does it usually take for the passport to be ready for pickup? I'm eagerly awaiting my email from vfs, as it takes 3 hours for me to get to the office for the 1 hour window for passport pickup...
Old May 14th 2019, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long from Decision Made to passport ready for pickup (VFS Toronto)

Depends where you are, in my country it's almost always 3 days.
Old May 14th 2019, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

NateWagner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long from Decision Made to passport ready for pickup (VFS Toronto)

Originally Posted by Nora_
Depends where you are, in my country it's almost always 3 days.
Thanks - I'm in Canada, hopefully it's 3 days at the most here. My partner called on Thursday and the decision hadn't been made yet, and then when she called yesterday they said it had been made...so we don't know exactly when to start counting days from. I never got a decision made email, but I never got the documents received email either - just the one saying they had started working on it, so my case seems to be patchybwith communication (and I see from this forum that I'm not alone in that).