How long before I hear something on my spousal visa?

Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice
Default How long before I hear something on my spousal visa?

It was delivered on February 11th. Do they send out any information just saying they received it and reviewed it or do I just sit back, wait, and hope for the best?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long before I hear something on my spousal visa?

Originally Posted by mayb
It was delivered on February 11th. Do they send out any information just saying they received it and reviewed it or do I just sit back, wait, and hope for the best?
Did you expedite it?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
Did you expedite it?
No, it was just sent regular.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how long I can expect to wait? If there is anything wrong with my application will they let me know via email?

From my understanding, expedited applications may take a couple of weeks and unexpedited applications could take 4 to 8 weeks.

Seems that applicants do not know the results until they receive their passport back.

I am waiting for mine too.

The only way I know it was delivered was by the UPS tracking notification email I received.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

From my understanding, expedited applications may take a couple of weeks and unexpedited applications could take 4 to 8 weeks.

Seems that applicants do not know the results until they receive their passport back.

The only way I know it was delivered was by the UPS tracking notification email I received.
Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. When I applied for this same visa a few years ago I didn't expedite it and got it back in like 2 days! but I also only had to mail it to New York.

Guess I will sit back and be patient. Should have mailed it off a lot earlier, for some reason I thought it would come back quicker. blah.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

I got an email from the Sheffield office on March 17th that said, "Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer." I assume this means they will go through and dig out my physical package that I mailed in to compare it to my online application?

Have you heard anything back yet?
Old Mar 21st 2016, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

I got an email from the Sheffield office on March 17th that said, "Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer." I assume this means they will go through and dig out my physical package that I mailed in to compare it to my online application?

Our documents were returned today, March 21 with successful settlement visa.
We used the priority and savings route, applied from the USA.

Good luck.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Our documents were returned today, March 21 with successful settlement visa.
We used the priority and savings route, applied from the USA.

Good luck.
congrats!! I didn't do priority so I may be waiting a little bit, but I guess at least it's moving. Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 24th 2016, 9:31 pm
WMB
Just Joined

WMB is an unknown quantity at this point

Am in a similar situation and I need help, am married to a britsh citizen since 2010, I have visited my husband twice after our marriage, and he has also visited twice we have a daughter who is now 2and half years old also a British citizen, our marriage was by proxy because my husband couldn't make it to the ceremony due to last minute work commitment. I was refused the spousal visa on the grounds that our marriage was by proxy, we appealed in October, we got an email in December that the appeal is pending and as at now we have not heard anything, what do I do? I still have a 2years valid visitors visa.
Old Mar 25th 2016, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WMB
Am in a similar situation and I need help, am married to a britsh citizen since 2010, I have visited my husband twice after our marriage, and he has also visited twice we have a daughter who is now 2and half years old also a British citizen, our marriage was by proxy because my husband couldn't make it to the ceremony due to last minute work commitment. I was refused the spousal visa on the grounds that our marriage was by proxy, we appealed in October, we got an email in December that the appeal is pending and as at now we have not heard anything, what do I do? I still have a 2years valid visitors visa.
I don't think proxy marriages are legal in UK..
Old Mar 30th 2016, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WMB
Are they saying that they don't accept your marriage as legal? If that is the case, you could either apply for a fiance visa and then marry in the UK and then switch to FLR(M) visa. Or carry out a marriage that the UK accepts and then apply for a spouse visa to enter the UK.

It's one less visa to pay for if you marry outside the UK. Plus a fiance visa won't allow you to work and you would have to pay to use the NHS, with 50% added to the bill if you don't have insurance.

Last edited by formula; Mar 30th 2016 at 9:59 am.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

LoveOverBorders is an unknown quantity at this point

First post here -

My (Trinidadian) wife and I submitted our application in February and we are still waiting on a response. FYI here is our timeline:

4th Feb 2016 - Online application submitted, payments received
5th Feb 2016 - British High Commission appointment
11th Feb 2016 - Online app received at Sheffield
16th Feb 2016 - Received email from Sheffield asking for self-addressed, pre-paid envelope. Sent next day but no confirmation of it being received
7th Apr 2016 - Called expensive number and asked whether envelope had been received. Advised that query had been 'escalated' and to wait 5 working days.

I'm not sure which of these dates I should be counting from but from the start we have been waiting over 2 months now. First anniversary of marriage in 4 days and looks like we won't be together.

I will update as we receive any information. If anyone can share their timeline/overall wait time would be grateful.