Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

How far can entry date vignette be from application date?

How far can entry date vignette be from application date?

Old Aug 13th 2020, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Viking2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How far can entry date vignette be from application date?

Hi all,

Our intention is to arrive in the UK between March 1st and 30th 2021.

Can anyone confirm (with relevant evidence) how early we can submit the application?

I have asked this question before, however I was told by a solicitor that you can only have an entry vignette date 3 months from application - so for a March 1st entry we cannot apply sooner that Dec 1st.

Thanks in advance

Old Aug 13th 2020, 10:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How far can entry date vignette be from application date?

It’s six months. Entry vignettes are now valid for 90 days instead of the usual 30 due to COVID-19.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi BritInParis,

Thanks - do you have a link that states entry can be 6 months from application?

I can only find this below - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-and-validity5. ECB9.5 What if applicant is not intending to travel straight away to the UK

The ECO should check the applicant’s visa application form (VAF) for the proposed date of travel in order to prevent unnecessary applications for an extension of stay, and possible claims for a refund of the extension fee.

Where an applicant may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application they can apply for a visa at any time before the date of travel to the UK, however, we can only defer the start date of the visa up to a maximum 3 months from the date of application. You may need to ensure that applicants applying under the various employment categories (and importantly under PBS Tier 2 and Tier 5) or as students under PBS Tier 4 would be acceptable to their UK sponsor, should entry be deferred by 3 months.

I understand that the entry window is now 90 days, however I see that this is only until the end of 2020 so nor sure if we can rely on the 90 day still being an option next year.

Thanks,
Viking2013

Old Aug 14th 2020, 2:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Create an account and select an entry date. You’ll find you can pick any date up to six months in advance.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

I checked the application and you can add any date - free text. There is no confirmation of how far from the application date you can apply.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in Feb, select August; Then in mid-March before UK lockdown, UKVI sent an email to my mailbox asking for a new travel date for me and my dependent as they said they can only issue BRP 3 months in advance. I replied my new travel date for June paying 5 pounds. Visa Application Center(VAC) reopened in June in my country, asked me to submit passports but I just got *ONLY* my passport back today though, my children passport are still waiting decision, according to VAC check today.

The difficulty of aiming your landing window ... in this period .... or even before I guess.
While you can see other get speedily approval though. My application, I would consider, straight forward.

Hope this helps, I guess you can put Mar 1st, and see what happens next.

Good luck!