Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

How does UKVI decide timeframe on your vignette? I should've not bought flights!

How does UKVI decide timeframe on your vignette? I should've not bought flights!

Old Oct 29th 2019, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

usasunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How does UKVI decide timeframe on your vignette? I should've not bought flights!

Hi, maybe it is a simple question but I am trying to understand how UKVI decides that timeframe on your stamped visa on your passport. I've noticed on the timelines that usually when people get their passport back they have roughly the 30 days from the time they get it back. Is this the case? I should've not bought flights, but does anyone know how they decide this? For example, as I paid for priority for my settlement visa, I asked for the desired date of arrival on Jan 15 but got tickets for Feb 1 - I'm an idiot
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does UKVI decide timeframe on your vignette? I should've not bought flig

They decide it based on the date YOU input as to your expected travel date.

If you put the 15 Jan 2020 for arrival, but are now arriving on 1 Feb 2020 what is the problem? - apart from you losing 15 days of your vignette validity.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: How does UKVI decide timeframe on your vignette? I should've not bought flig

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
They decide it based on the date YOU input as to your expected travel date.

If you put the 15 Jan 2020 for arrival, but are now arriving on 1 Feb 2020 what is the problem? - apart from you losing 15 days of your vignette validity.
Only reason why I posted this was that I noticed in the settlement timeline threads that for example, someone would get their passport back Sept 5th, their visa dates are like Sept 7 - Oct 5.

So my projected time of me getting my visa back is around last week of November, I was worried dates would be like Nov 30 - Dec 30
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usasunshine
Only reason why I posted this was that I noticed in the settlement timeline threads that for example, someone would get their passport back Sept 5th, their visa dates are like Sept 7 - Oct 5.

So my projected time of me getting my visa back is around last week of November, I was worried dates would be like Nov 30 - Dec 30
I'd be surprised if this were so. Wondering why you paid for priority if you applied in October but are not travelling until 1 February ....
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I'd be surprised if this were so. Wondering why you paid for priority if you applied in October but are not traveling until 1 February ....
Because I hate waiting and want to know the answer. We just followed immigration advice from someone in the UK because we didnt want to be there no later than Feb 1st.

Whatever I can buy new flights, I was just wondering how UKVI decides that but let's see if they out Jan 15- Feb 10 if im lucky, I was just noticing people get theirs outside of the days they request.
Old Nov 6th 2019, 12:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

They won’t give you travel dates further than three months in advance of the date of grant.