How do people do it?!

Old May 29th 2014, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do people do it?!

Originally Posted by BostonBrit Expat Since 03
Whats annoying is going home and seeing areas over-run with non-brits, that obviously dont have a job paying 18.5K.
I don't think this is necessary. It's the kind of talk that started the whole 'keep immigrants out' movement in the first place.
Old May 29th 2014, 6:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Whats annoying is going home and seeing areas over-run with non-brits, that obviously dont have a job paying 18.5K.
Most of those 'non-brits' are either people granted asylum because of problems in their own country, and people who gained automatic right to move to the UK because of their commonwealth ties, and it's those ties that many of the 'get us out of the EU' supporters want to increase. I suspect that many of the anti immigrants are in agreement with the genuine asylum seekers being given help as well, The UK was criticised, in the media, for not taking thousands of Syrian refugees, these would be the same media people complaining about the number of immigrants.
Old May 30th 2014, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I don't think this is necessary. It's the kind of talk that started the whole 'keep immigrants out' movement in the first place.
Really?, so anyone in the EU can come in, but I cant bring my wife unless I have the cash (which I actually do...but know many that dont and are stuck), insane system. Immigration is good for countries......if they are supplying a specific skill set, sorry but thats not what I have witnessed on my trips back........have you?

My point is how is it, that I can get a GC with no cash needed and my home country wants $100K dollars, that makes no sense which everway you cut it!
Old May 30th 2014, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Really?, so anyone in the EU can come in, but I cant bring my wife unless I have the cash (which I actually do...but know many that dont and are stuck), insane system. Immigration is good for countries......if they are supplying a specific skill set, sorry but thats not what I have witnessed on my trips back........have you?

My point is how is it, that I can get a GC with no cash needed and my home country wants $100K dollars, that makes no sense which everway you cut it!
I'm objecting to your emotive language and pointing out that it's part of the problem.
Old May 30th 2014, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously failed to read my last post. You received your Green card because you were already in the US with a work visa - an H1B.

When one applies for a Green card under these circumstances there is no financial requirement as you have the main requirement - a job.

The UK's financial requirements are to allow you into the country in the first place.
Old May 30th 2014, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Britchick76
I hear ya! I'm in a similar situation me being the UKC and my partner being Australian. We have an 8 month old daughter so the prospects of me being able to earn the necessary financial requirements are pretty slim. My partner is the higher earner so it's a shame he can't be the one to get employment in the UK.

We don't have the savings either so really, I guess the only option we have is to wait until our daughter is of school age then I can work full time again.

Can't think of any other options available at the moment!

Good luck with your plans, hope something comes up for you
So after reading and re-reading the financial requirements it seems that as long as the UKC has a job offer at the financial requirement level then there are some flexible ways to make up your income outside the UK. If you work outside the UK in a job less than 6 months then you can include your partner (the applicant's) income in the total (18600 in the last 12 months for one dependent).

For me I work part time outside of the UK but for longer than 6 months so I would be able to make up the amount with savings to prove the 18600 requirement (which would be significantly less than the 62000...) this has given the families like ours a little more wriggle room as long as there is a job offer in the UK for you to start within 3 months of filing for the visa.

Could the combined income (in a job less than 6 months) work for you if you were to find something part time with your spouse's income??
Old May 31st 2014, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You obviously failed to read my last post. You received your Green card because you were already in the US with a work visa - an H1B.

When one applies for a Green card under these circumstances there is no financial requirement as you have the main requirement - a job.

The UK's financial requirements are to allow you into the country in the first place.
Actually no, the Greencard is for future employment, not the current one. the two are technically not connected as you can apply from out of the US, its about whether your employer will wait
Old May 31st 2014, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I'm objecting to your emotive language and pointing out that it's part of the problem.
Interesting article about where the government is heading giving priority to Brits and skilled EU workers..lets see how it plays out.

http://rt.com/news/immigrants-cap-uk-benefits-278/

"The document also suggested giving British citizens a "national preference" by reserving jobs for them, as well as restricting labor movement to the UK from poorer countries joining the EU, until their GDP reaches a figure that is 75 percent of Britain's."
Old May 31st 2014, 11:08 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LBJR07
So after reading and re-reading the financial requirements it seems that as long as the UKC has a job offer at the financial requirement level then there are some flexible ways to make up your income outside the UK. If you work outside the UK in a job less than 6 months then you can include your partner (the applicant's) income in the total (18600 in the last 12 months for one dependent).

For me I work part time outside of the UK but for longer than 6 months so I would be able to make up the amount with savings to prove the 18600 requirement (which would be significantly less than the 62000...) this has given the families like ours a little more wriggle room as long as there is a job offer in the UK for you to start within 3 months of filing for the visa.

Could the combined income (in a job less than 6 months) work for you if you were to find something part time with your spouse's income??
You cannot count the non-EU's income unless it's money earned from legal employment in the UK. (Except for pension income or other monies from an investment stream).
Old May 31st 2014, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

The financial document on the uk.gov website does state that you can count the applicant's income toward your earnings abroad for the past 12 months if you are in your current job less than 6 months when you apply outside of the UK. From what I understand this is the only instance you could do this.
Old May 31st 2014, 6:16 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LBJR07
The financial document on the uk.gov website does state that you can count the applicant's income toward your earnings abroad for the past 12 months if you are in your current job less than 6 months when you apply outside of the UK. From what I understand this is the only instance you could do this.
Can you give me the link, please?

Many people say the info on the new website is confusing. I'd like to see what you are looking at.

This is the link to Appendix FM-SE which explains in detail the criteria for meeting the financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ndix_FM_SE.pdf

Last edited by rebeccajo; May 31st 2014 at 6:41 pm.
Old May 31st 2014, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Can you give me the link, please?

Many people say the info on the new website is confusing. I'd like to see what you are looking at.

This is the link to Appendix FM-SE which explains in detail the criteria for meeting the financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ndix_FM_SE.pdf
I was reading the financial requirement document at https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...324.pdf#page43

Took a few reads, let me know if I've misunderstood anything I find it all fairly confusing.
Old May 31st 2014, 7:09 pm
WhiteRabbit

Go to the bottom of page 25 of your document. This is the criteria for returning from outside the UK with a bonafide job offer waiting for the sponsor on their return:

5.4.3 Second, the couple returning to the UK must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement, based on:

1. The gross amount of salaried or non-salaried employment income overseas of the applicants partner;

2. The gross amount of any specified non-employment income received by the applicant‟s partner, the applicant or both jointly, provided they continue to own the relevant asset (e.g. property, interest from shares) at the date of application; and/or

3. The gross amount of any State (UK or foreign) or private pension received by the applicant's partner or the applicant.
Old May 31st 2014, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Go to the bottom of page 25 of your document. This is the criteria for returning from outside the UK with a bonafide job offer waiting for the sponsor on their return:

5.4.3 Second, the couple returning to the UK must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement, based on:

1. The gross amount of salaried or non-salaried employment income overseas of the applicants partner;

2. The gross amount of any specified non-employment income received by the applicant‟s partner, the applicant or both jointly, provided they continue to own the relevant asset (e.g. property, interest from shares) at the date of application; and/or

3. The gross amount of any State (UK or foreign) or private pension received by the applicant's partner or the applicant.
Ah ok ha after years of dealing with US immigration I still read things as though I am the applicant

It does state that I can supplement my US income with savings to make up the 18600 though correct? ( using the formula in the table)
Old May 31st 2014, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Right, Rebbecajo; if I am reading it right, it's only NON-EMPLOYMENT income (rental income, shares interest, or pension etc) received by the applicant that can be counted. You can't count the applicant's salaried income here either.

This is all part of that aspect of the current law that's so difficult for families where it is the applicant who has been the main or only wage-earner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.