How do I get my Canadian husband to UK

Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I get my Canadian husband to UK

Originally Posted by fran_d84
Those comments were incredibly unhelpful and inaccurate! They did not answer my question at all!
You've been given lots of info by people trying to help you.

Here's an idea if we've been so incredibly unhelpful and inaccurate - pay for your advice.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:41 am
Account Closed

fran_d84 is an unknown quantity at this point

No!! You completely misunderstand me. I meant the comment above my last post. The others have been great and i have thanked people for them, if you read my previous posts.
I just wish people would not use forums to be patronising and sarcastic. We all know how stressful visas can be. I am so happy to have met and found the love of my life, but when I know I cannot live with him in my country and be with my family also, it breaks my heart.

I am not sure if you have paid for advice, but I have and still
am, but sometimes all you need is honest advice for someone who has been in the same situation and/or experienced it. These forums are for help, and all too often you have to put up with rude or comepletely unhelpful people telling you that you that you are being unreasonable by expecting these things.

We are all here to help each other! Not to be told to get off a forum and pay for help.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No!! You completely misunderstand me. I meant the comment above my last post. The others have been great and i have thanked people for them, if you read my previous posts.
I just wish people would not use forums to be patronising and sarcastic. We all know how stressful visas can be. I am so happy to have met and found the love of my life, but when I know I cannot live with him in my country and be with my family also, it breaks my heart.

I am not sure if you have paid for advice, but I have and still
am, but sometimes all you need is honest advice for someone who has been in the same situation and/or experienced it. These forums are for help, and all too often you have to put up with rude or comepletely unhelpful people telling you that you that you are being unreasonable by expecting these things.

We are all here to help each other! Not to be told to get off a forum and pay for help.
I don't think JAJ's response was inaccurate at all, it was factual. I can't see any sarcasm there either, I think you're mistaken.

Yes, we're all here to help each other, which is why posts such as yours complaining that someone's been 'incredibly unhelpful and inaccurate' strike a sour note. Nearly everyone who posts here trying to help has been through or are intending to go through some sort of immigration process, and are no strangers to stress.

And yes again, as the Australian wife of a British citizen who wants to go home I know how stressful the process can be. You sound like a nice person - try to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of arcing up
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

It is a stressful time... I just personally don't believe that Britain has any 'wisdom' with regards to the immigration system after all I have seen from past experience whatsoever. We all know that from the state of the system at the moment.
Also, the SS route is working for people and can take just 10 weeks from past case studies. The point I tried to make was, if I was say Spanish with a Canadian husband, after living in Spain, then why can I easily enter the UK without financial requirements , when a UK born and bred with plenty of good prospects and savings has to go down such harsh routes?

Good luck to you too! I am nice, haha, just trying my best to get positive help!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:52 pm
Concierge

It is a stressful time... I just personally don't believe that Britain has any 'wisdom' with regards to the immigration system after all I have seen from past experience whatsoever. We all know that from the state of the system at the moment.
Also, the SS route is working for people and can take just 10 weeks from past case studies. The point I tried to make was, if I was say Spanish with a Canadian husband, after living in Spain, then why can I easily enter the UK without financial requirements , when a UK born and bred with plenty of good prospects and savings has to go down such harsh routes?

Good luck to you too! I am nice, haha, just trying my best to get positive help!
Fran, you and I are two of many (many many!) who feel these rules discriminate against UK citizens. Many of us are active members of lobby groups who oppose the financial and other requirements. If you haven't already, have a read of some members stories here - kids separated from parents, wives entering the UK on perfectly legal visitors visas to visit their spouse, only to be placed in detention and deported - it's sad, horrible and inhumane.

All any of us can do besides lobbying for change is to do our best within the existing legislative framework and try not to let our stress affect how we interact with others.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 2:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The rules are discriminatory and the "easier" way for citizens of other European states exists solely because the EU authorities mandate it, while Britain stays in the EU it has to follow EU rules. As far as I'm aware the situation in some other European states is or has been similar, for example Denmark or the Netherlands.

If he is out of age for working holiday and can't get a work permit on his own merits, is the Republic of Ireland an option? Either a short term settlement to allow the "European" route into the U.K. or a longer term plan to get Irish citizenship, normally posible after 5 years (under current rules).

Also - if he's a teacher, are his qualifications going to be recognised wherever you plan to settle?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

That is so sad I know A friend of mine is in South Africa with kids and wife in UK- sad sad times. He pointed me in the direction of these sites... I was just hoping there was an easier option in my situation as just me and hubbie. I am pregnant so don't want to be in the same boat as my friend. Finding out my mother had cancer made me devastated I couldn't return with him; and I agree that people should not make light of anyone's personal plight.

Thanks Jaj... I think Ireland may be the way to go... I have family there too so that's a positive step. Teaching wise, he was offered lots of jobs but couldn't be sponsored due to unemployment levels in UK .
I am in contact with people on the SS route so sounds promising! Good luck everyone!