How difficult is application under Catagory B Income?

Old Aug 14th 2018, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Nasera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How difficult is application under Catagory B Income?

Hi there, I need to apply for Indefinite Leave for my wife in the coming months and I need some advice please.

I'm in salaried employment and for the previous FLR application I was with the same employer for the last 6 months so it was straight forward. Received a pay rise during them 6 months as well and I just used the lower amount as the annual salary income.

This time I have started a new job 4 months ago with a higher salary. This is the figure I will use for the current annual salary.
Then, for Category B, where it asks for the total income for the last 12 months, which figure do I put?
Is is just the gross figure for the last 12 months payslips added together or the average?

I could wait for the full 6 months with the new employer but that would then only give me less then 2 weeks between the last salary and the visa expiry date. Rather not leave it that late.

Thanks and hoping for a reply.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Nasera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How difficult is application under Catagory B Income?

I can't seem to get an understanding from the financial guidance notes. I know I meet the financial requirements under Category B, just don't know what income figure to use for the last 12 months.

My last 12 months payslips would be:
2500, 2500, 2500, 2500, 2500, 2500, 2500, 1875
2916, 2916, 2916, 2916

Would I use 31,039 which is the total (same as average) or 22,500 which is the lowest amount x 12.