Housing Report for UK Spouse Visa

Old Jun 15th 2022, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

steve0084 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Housing Report for UK Spouse Visa

Can someone please advise me on whether it's recommended or necessary to obtain a housing report/property inspection when applying for a UK spouse visa? When we move to the UK, my wife and I plan to (initially) live with my mother (in a 4 bedroom house). We have 2 young children, if that's relevant to my question.
Old Jun 15th 2022, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing Report for UK Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by steve0084
Can someone please advise me on whether it's recommended or necessary to obtain a housing report/property inspection when applying for a UK spouse visa? When we move to the UK, my wife and I plan to (initially) live with my mother (in a 4 bedroom house). We have 2 young children, if that's relevant to my question.
If there is only your mother living in the house, then no you don't need an inspection report. You could just provide details of the house.
Old Jun 15th 2022, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

steve0084 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If there is only your mother living in the house, then no you don't need an inspection report. You could just provide details of the house.
Okay, thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2022, 9:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Also upon arrival in the UK you are under no obligation to ever take up residence in the accomodation you disclosed in your spouse visa application, nor for that matter does the accomodation need to be even vaguely convenient for any employment you accept - you could report available accomodation at an address in Plymouth and then accept a job in Aberdeen, and it would have no bearing on your visa application. In other words, it is critical for your visa application that you have accomodation available, not that you ever make use of it.