Horrible horrible day today - time has arrived

Old Dec 4th 2014, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Horrible horrible day today - time has arrived

Today has arrived where I need to say goodbye to my 4 year old son and wife for the next 5 months or so until she can apply for her visa.

She's had a good 5.5 months here, son started school etc.
Son had his farewell party at reception on Friday!

Now we're going to Heathrow. Already have tears in my eyes.

So inhumane splitting us apart! Heartbreaking totally.
My son is taking it very well so far.

I have a flight booked to see them on the 22nd Feb for 2 weeks at least.

Hopefully they'll be back by May or June.

Home office should be ashamed of themselves!!

At least they are making plans to restrict the EU migration, similar rules, no access to funds for 4 years etc.

Wish us luck
Old Dec 4th 2014, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horrible horrible day today - time has arrived

Originally Posted by alfista1
Today has arrived where I need to say goodbye to my 4 year old son and wife for the next 5 months or so until she can apply for her visa.

She's had a good 5.5 months here, son started school etc.
Son had his farewell party at reception on Friday!

Now we're going to Heathrow. Already have tears in my eyes.

So inhumane splitting us apart! Heartbreaking totally.
My son is taking it very well so far.

I have a flight booked to see them on the 22nd Feb for 2 weeks at least.

Hopefully they'll be back by May or June.

Home office should be ashamed of themselves!!

At least they are making plans to restrict the EU migration, similar rules, no access to funds for 4 years etc.

Wish us luck
I feel for you, I really do, but as I posted before, you knew the situation you were putting yourself and your family into when you came.

Turning up and hoping for the best would not be a plan I would have gone forward with personally. Having said that I hope the time flies and your application gets approved at the right time.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

While I sympathize with your situation it is not inhumane nor should the Home Office be ashamed of itself. The rules were very clear and you knew them in advance so the decision was yours, they did not arbitrarily make this decision.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 11:33 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Well yeah, actually the Home Office should be ashamed of itself. The rules ARE arbitrary and made with only one purpose in mind - to reduce an arbitrary net migration figure. The Home Secretary used the example of family migration having been reduced when she confessed on the telly two weeks ago to the Coalitions' failure at having met that goal. Is the separation of families really something they should be proud of? Probably not but at least May was able to say the government had tried.

Every advocate who has followed this sham predicted the Home Secretary would make that speech.

Having said that, I wouldn't wish similar treatment on families exercising free movement. Just because someone took your cookie is no reason to wish starvation on someone else.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Well yeah, actually the Home Office should be ashamed of itself. The rules ARE arbitrary and made with only one purpose in mind - to reduce an arbitrary net migration figure. The Home Secretary used the example of family migration having been reduced when she confessed on the telly two weeks ago to the Coalitions' failure at having met that goal. Is the separation of families really something they should be proud of? Probably not but at least May was able to say the government had tried.

Every advocate who has followed this sham predicted the Home Secretary would make that speech.

Having said that, I wouldn't wish similar treatment on families exercising free movement. Just because someone took your cookie is no reason to wish starvation on someone else.
The Home Office did not separate the family, they have done that themselves. It is possible to obtain a visa in advance and then they all could have moved together.

I see people time and time again in the Australia forum wanting to work around the rules, jump processing queues, booking flights without visas lined up etc. and then blaming somebody else when well predicted problems occur.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying the rules are fair, but for every genuine Settlement Visa application there are loads of dodgy ones, something has to be in place. Whilst not an ideal solution, the goal posts the Home Office put in place did not change since the OP put their plan into action.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you and your family the best of luck. . I know it isn't easy to do this.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Well yeah, actually the Home Office should be ashamed of itself.
The rules were changed to stop immigrants arriving and being an immediate burden on the UK taxpayer. It wasn't expected that those of you who planned to do that, would be happy with the 2012 rules.

Last edited by formula; Dec 5th 2014 at 11:13 am.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
5 months or so until she can apply for her visa.

She's had a good 5.5 months here,
Why have you waited 5 months before you got a job/s (as we suggested to you months ago) to be able to sponsor your wife? If you had done that, then your wife could have applied for her spouse visa within a week or two of returning home from her visit to the UK.

Last edited by formula; Dec 5th 2014 at 11:19 am.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:16 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm not saying the rules are fair, but for every genuine Settlement Visa application there are loads of dodgy ones, something has to be in place. Whilst not an ideal solution, the goal posts the Home Office put in place did not change since the OP put their plan into action.
Are you saying there are more fraudulent applications than genuine? What do you mean?
Do you mean fraudulent marriages? Or marriages just for the sake of moving to the UK? Is there are source or link for that you could provide?
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:21 am
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The Home Office did not separate the family, they have done that themselves. It is possible to obtain a visa in advance and then they all could have moved together.

I see people time and time again in the Australia forum wanting to work around the rules, jump processing queues, booking flights without visas lined up etc. and then blaming somebody else when well predicted problems occur.
I do not think the OP is suggesting rule jumping or anything of the kind. Neither am I.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:23 am
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by formula
The rules were changed to stop immigrants arriving and being an immediate burden on the UK taxpayer. It wasn't expected that those of you who planned to do that, would be happy with the 2012 rules.

You're just baiting me. Again.

You make yourself look very small and mean spirited when you do that.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I think, what many people will be thinking, is why the OP hasn't got the required job already, he claims it will be 5 months before she can apply, which would mean that he has only had the reequired job for one month.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, it is interesting the way you think.

You have said you are a US citizen who planned to retire to the UK with just 30k between you at best, with exisiting health problems you say you can't afford in your own country, saying you would be quite happy to take from the UK taxpayer, despite never giving your working taxes to the UK. Yet now you say that it's the Home Office who should be ashamed!

Well yeah, actually the Home Office should be ashamed of itself.
Has it really never occured to you that the rules were changed because of all the people with your stance, who have already entered the UK?

It is sad that the 2012 rules catch the Brits who would come to the UK and work, but there is no way for UKVI to sort out the workers, apart from the financial requirements to now prove the sponsor will work, or already has the savings or income, to contribute towards their spouse.

Last edited by formula; Dec 5th 2014 at 12:14 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 12:49 pm
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I think, what many people will be thinking, is why the OP hasn't got the required job already, he claims it will be 5 months before she can apply, which would mean that he has only had the reequired job for one month.
The OP returned to the UK with his wife and son with substantial savings, but not the £62500 required to enter the UK on savings alone.

His goal (which he achieved) was to find a job that would qualify them for a visa as soon as possible. The job he has now is the second he has had since his return. He left the first job he found for this one, which pays better and is more suited to his skill set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.