Hong Kongers PLEASE help!

Old Jun 3rd 2018, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

shaam is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hong Kongers PLEASE help!

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how do you apply for a spouse visa from HK? i am the applicant and my sponsor is in the U.K.

Where do we submit the documents ? Do we need to give all the docs to VFSGlobal or send them directly to U.K? can someone please kindly show what documents will be needed ?
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hong Kongers PLEASE help!

Originally Posted by shaam
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how do you apply for a spouse visa from HK? i am the applicant and my sponsor is in the U.K.

Where do we submit the documents ? Do we need to give all the docs to VFSGlobal or send them directly to U.K? can someone please kindly show what documents will be needed ?
When I cannot answer the OP's main questions, I can provide other information on moving from Hong Kong to the UK.

1) The OP should use his/her British National (Overseas) passport to apply for the spouse visa. As BN(O) passport holder is a Commonwealth citizen, the OP can register to vote in all UK election if he/she holds a BN(O) passport. Being on the electoral roll helps the OP to build up his/her own credit history in the UK.

2) The OP can open an UK bank account in Hong Kong before moving to the UK. HSBC offers this service in Hong Kong, please see link below for details -

https://retailbank.hsbc.com.hk/international/en/home/

3) If the OP got a Hong Kong driving licence by passing a driving test in Hong Kong, you can exchange your Hong Kong driving licence to an UK one without test.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HKG3
When I cannot answer the OP's main questions, I can provide other information on moving from Hong Kong to the UK.

1) The OP should use his/her British National (Overseas) passport to apply for the spouse visa. As BN(O) passport holder is a Commonwealth citizen, the OP can register to vote in all UK election if he/she holds a BN(O) passport. Being on the electoral roll helps the OP to build up his/her own credit history in the UK.

2) The OP can open an UK bank account in Hong Kong before moving to the UK. HSBC offers this service in Hong Kong, please see link below for details -

https://retailbank.hsbc.com.hk/international/en/home/

3) If the OP got a Hong Kong driving licence by passing a driving test in Hong Kong, you can exchange your Hong Kong driving licence to an UK one without test.
Thank you for the kind reminder!
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

when doing your Bio at VFS Hong Kong in Causeway Bay, you will be asked if you want to use the courier service.
Its slightly expensive but, to me, it is well-worth to spend that amount of money to ensure everything reaches Sheffield.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 8:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...a-in-hong-kong
Old Jun 5th 2018, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
and this one as well .......
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/hongkong...ioncentre.html
Old Jun 5th 2018, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
when doing your Bio at VFS Hong Kong in Causeway Bay, you will be asked if you want to use the courier service.
Its slightly expensive but, to me, it is well-worth to spend that amount of money to ensure everything reaches Sheffield.
Thanks guys

I was thinking, I’ll submit the online application and then send all my documents to my sponsor in Uk by myself before the bio ( if that can be quicker ) and then my sponsor will send it to Sheffield office.

Would that be better / possible ?
Old Jun 5th 2018, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Guys I have one more question

Do I need to register my degree with NARIC . My degree is from Uk via a distant learning program.

Last edited by shaam; Jun 5th 2018 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 3:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I have one more question

Do I need to register my degree with NARIC . My degree is from Uk via a distant learning program.
English Language requirement
Old Jun 5th 2018, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Thanks BIP for that but i just came across this NARIC thing! and i thought this was a different thing
Old Jun 6th 2018, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys

I was thinking, I’ll submit the online application and then send all my documents to my sponsor in Uk by myself before the bio ( if that can be quicker ) and then my sponsor will send it to Sheffield office.

Would that be better / possible ?
I believe quite a few people here were doing exactly the same.
Guess they were ok and got their visas approved eventually.

Are you planning to use priority service?
Old Jun 6th 2018, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

I believe quite a few people here were doing exactly the same.
Guess they were ok and got their visas approved eventually.

Are you planning to use priority service?

yes i I think I will use priority service.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

yes i I think I will use priority service.

hm... i know its entirely up to your own choice ......
If you are using priority, why not use their courier service as well ... at least you know for sure all your documents will be leaving from the same site same time.
And i doubt it will be 1 or 2 weeks quicker if doing it separate (looking at successful cases - it seems majority priority cases will hit 30 work days)
Besides, when you submit in late June, it will be hitting the "peak season" (remember last summer, visas delayed and all over newspapers and TV in HK ...etc).
I am sure you don't want to sit in a corner thinking to yourself, whether Sheffield do receive my documents from my partners .... whether everything reaches the same ECO. ..... etc etc........

Again, entirely your own decision.
just my sheer little thoughts given the timing........ and, good luck!
Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

If you are using priority, why not use their courier service as well ... at least you know for sure all your documents will be leaving from the same site same time.
And i doubt it will be 1 or 2 weeks quicker if doing it separate (looking at successful cases - it seems majority priority cases will hit 30 work days)
Besides, when you submit in late June, it will be hitting the "peak season" (remember last summer, visas delayed and all over newspapers and TV in HK ...etc).
I am sure you don't want to sit in a corner thinking to yourself, whether Sheffield do receive my documents from my partners .... whether everything reaches the same ECO. ..... etc etc........

If I use their courier service that will mean I need to include my sponsor's documents in there as well ya? which means my sponsor has to send her documents to me first?

Reading the timeline threads it seems 30 day is the minimum even for priority service not given that much priority then!

I didn't realize the June July would be peak season but now i remember reading about the chaos last year in SCMP ----- another headache!
Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Have you applied for spouse visa as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.