British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Home office call? Please share any experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/home-office-call-please-share-any-experience-927198/)

sam12345 Aug 13th 2019 3:02 pm

Home office call? Please share any experience

Hi i will be applying for spouse visa soon, just getting my head around it all, can someone share any recent experience if the Home Office had rang them regarding their employment? ( after submission) if so what questions were asked. Just need to be ready as they can be very picky

spouse of scouse Aug 13th 2019 3:14 pm

Re: Home office call? Please share any experience

Originally Posted by sam12345 (Post 12722577)
Hi i will be applying for spouse visa soon, just getting my head around it all, can someone share any recent experience if the Home Office had rang them regarding their employment? ( after submission) if so what questions were asked. Just need to be ready as they can be very picky

Hi Sam. You and/or your employer may be called if there's anything the HO needs to clarify regarding your employment. What they ask will depend on what they need to clarify. There's no need to worry, they're not trying to catch you out, all you need to do is be honest and there's nothing to worry about.

Fity1234 Aug 20th 2019 4:17 pm

Hiya i had a phone interview regarding my second job,
The man asked me describe the bulinding,how many people work with me whats there names, asked me how i got the job,whats my managers name whats my shifts,when did i work last.

He was rude didnt give me time to explain and jumped into the next question my phone interview lasted about 15minutes

sam12345 Aug 20th 2019 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Fity1234 (Post 12725327)
Hiya i had a phone interview regarding my second job,
The man asked me describe the bulinding,how many people work with me whats there names, asked me how i got the job,whats my managers name whats my shifts,when did i work last.

He was rude didnt give me time to explain and jumped into the next question my phone interview lasted about 15minutes

oh god thats a lot of questions! How long after your submission did they call you?
have you had a decision yet?
Was the call on withheld? Sorry to bombard you with questions

Fity1234 Aug 20th 2019 4:37 pm

The interview was in december 2018 my visa was refused on the rule 32011
my interview went good all my reqirments were met apart from my husband overstayin in england 10years ago and they refused it on that basis
Dont worry about the interview some people dont even get an interview, if u do get an interview they wil call you off private number try not to be nervous just chill out

vijayotnm Sep 3rd 2019 6:52 pm

My wife and her employer have received phone calls from home office and it's been a week and I have not heard anything from home office yet. how long we need to wait for a decision?

Fity1234 Sep 4th 2019 11:47 pm

Hiya i had my interview on the 12december and i got my decision on the 17th december i hope that helps

vijayotnm Sep 5th 2019 1:26 pm

Thank you, it's been more than a week since my wife and employer had a call with ECO and we are still waiting :confused:

Mosh786 Sep 17th 2019 8:29 am

Hello All,

I have applied from UAE on 25th July, is it common practice for HO to take this call for all applications or is it done on a adhoc basis?

Also will my sponsor/her employer be expecting this call or will I (applicant) will get this call too? Will they verify my employment here in UAE too?

Thanks.

Smithy101 Sep 17th 2019 10:22 am

Do they call on a private/withheld number?