Home office is a business!!

Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

60minuteman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Home office is a business!!

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Not commenting on your opinions of the immigration system - your statement that the UK is a sick country is one that caught my eye .......
Based on how we are treating those less fortunate than myself.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 10:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The ‘profit’ that certain visa fees generate are used to paid for other areas of UKVI which don’t like enforcement. UKVI is self-funding, it doesn’t generate a profit.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would put my hand up and say as a British citizen the process is extremely sided to the rich.

Firstly you have to met the financial requirements (working over time, etc.)

We all know submission costs in total you are looking at roughly £3,000!

Then to even contact the HO it costs normally £2 a minute or £5 each email.

To get the process done more quickly to pay for priority visa that costs more. So basically pay up and we will help you more.

As British citizens what help do we get when people are coming and living here without any checks. Sorry if it seems like a rant it is just slightly frustrating.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niv619
I would put my hand up and say as a British citizen the process is extremely sided to the rich.

Firstly you have to met the financial requirements (working over time, etc.)

We all know submission costs in total you are looking at roughly £3,000!

Then to even contact the HO it costs normally £2 a minute or £5 each email.

To get the process done more quickly to pay for priority visa that costs more. So basically pay up and we will help you more.

As British citizens what help do we get when people are coming and living here without any checks. Sorry if it seems like a rant it is just slightly frustrating.
Don't understand what you mean by that last statement? What help do you want? Who is coming and living here without any checks?
Old Jun 10th 2019, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't understand what you mean by that last statement? What help do you want? Who is coming and living here without any checks?
Hi, don't require any help but agree with the thread starters views about the HO making this process into a business.

I meant other EU citizens etc., but its ok. It is what it is I guess, the government has got to make money in various ways
Old Jun 10th 2019, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hasanp2244 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
I think you misunderstand visas. They are not a right, but a privilege and as such, it is reasonable that the HO uses them to help pay for other HO services.

Compared to other countries, they are actually pretty good value. For example, a spouse visa for Australia is $7000, plus children can be up to $3500 each, plus things such as medicals and police checks. There are no waivers on fees.

Processing times are up to two years and this is likely to blow out from next month.

Remember, the HO recognises that the country wants skilled migrants. But a spouse may bring no skills at all
​​​​​​
You are very right. You have made a good point. However no one can choose you they fall in love with. Everyone has a right to a family and have the right to see their family.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hasanp2244 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think he/she means illegal immigrants there is so many working at car washes, takeaways all for a low income
Old Jun 10th 2019, 10:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasanp2244
​​​​​​You are very right. You have made a good point. However no one can choose you they fall in love with. Everyone has a right to a family and have the right to see their family.
That doesn’t necessarily mean they get to live in the country of their choosing.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 12:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasanp2244
I think he/she means illegal immigrants there is so many working at car washes, takeaways all for a low income
How do you know they're illegal? Perhaps they're unskilled spouses.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 5:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you know they're illegal? Perhaps they're unskilled spouses.

There is such a presumption in the UK that non-native English-speakers people in "unskilled" jobs in the UK must be there illegally, I think if some people bothered to find out some of the back stories they would be amazed. Same as the rumours that any person arriving illegally from abroad gets a 4 bedroom fully furnished council house, 2 cars, all the benefits they want and a bucket of free cash.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 8:53 am

Most of those hand car washes are staffed by Romanians. Takeaways are largely staffed by Turks. Both have a legal route to be in the UK. There are many illegal immigrants working in low/no skill employment in the UK but it doesn’t necessarily follow that any immigrant you see working in those kind of jobs is illegal. I suspect many will have a dubious immigration history but companies - particularly large ones - simply cannot take the financial and operational risk of hiring illegal workers.