Home office is a business!!

Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hasanp2244 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home office is a business!!

I did some research on my break at work. The home office generate £1135 profit for every spouse visa. To be honest I think that disgusting. Honestly can't believe how they are exploiting vulnerable people.

Source:https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nsparency-data
Old Jun 6th 2019, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Home office is a business!!

This is already known. Unfortunately no one is going to fight for immigrants .
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasanp2244
I did some research on my break at work. The home office generate £1135 profit for every spouse visa. To be honest I think that disgusting. Honestly can't believe how they are exploiting vulnerable people.

Source:https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nsparency-data
Given how many man hours and staff go in to processing visa apps, I don't see why they shouldn't make a bit of profit tbh, UK taxpayers would be very happy if they did instead of having to subsidise it. Although I suspect that given they lose money on other visa apps, they probably make nothing in the end anyway.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

I think everyone has their own view. I am a UK tax payer and I don't think HO should be making a profit, especially on family applications.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 5:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookerw100
I think everyone has their own view. I am a UK tax payer and I don't think HO should be making a profit, especially on family applications.
Fair enough. Remember there are fee waivers for those who are truly in need, and that the fees pay for all sorts of immigration services, not just visa processing.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 6th 2019 at 5:10 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you misunderstand visas. They are not a right, but a privilege and as such, it is reasonable that the HO uses them to help pay for other HO services.

Compared to other countries, they are actually pretty good value. For example, a spouse visa for Australia is $7000, plus children can be up to $3500 each, plus things such as medicals and police checks. There are no waivers on fees.

Processing times are up to two years and this is likely to blow out from next month.

Remember, the HO recognises that the country wants skilled migrants. But a spouse may bring no skills at all
Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
I think you misunderstand visas. They are not a right, but a privilege and as such, it is reasonable that the HO uses them to help pay for other HO services.

Compared to other countries, they are actually pretty good value. For example, a spouse visa for Australia is $7000, plus children can be up to $3500 each, plus things such as medicals and police checks. There are no waivers on fees.

Processing times are up to two years and this is likely to blow out from next month.

Remember, the HO recognises that the country wants skilled migrants. But a spouse may bring no skills at all
I have no problem with countries setting their own fees for visas, that's just the way it is. However I don't think Australia's spouse visa fees can be said to be more expensive than the UK's. A non-EU spouse in the UK will need 3 visas totalling around £5,000 (pounds, not dollars) before gaining indefinite leave to remain in the UK. International health surcharge fees add another £2,000 to that, so £7,000 in total. Spouses in Australia only pay the one visa fee, plus they're eligible for full Medicare coverage from day one with no charges.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Well if you are trying to bring your spouse to the country, it is not necessary for them to have any skills which is why the HO doesn't ask for any academic qualifications, bar English language. This is the way it should be, you don't fall in love by looking at someone's academic qualifications.
Economic migrants are different to family migrants. In my opinion, government offices shouldn't be aiming to profit of family unification. If you are a tourist or work permit , holder, then I can still understand charging more. Not for family visas.
You mention Australia, and how expensive it is. Just because another country is doing something, doesn't mean we should follow suit. By that reasoning shall we privatise the NHS as another developed country like the US has private healthcare?
Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

60minuteman is an unknown quantity at this point

If children are involved I think you will find it is a right, the home office has an obligation to protect children of British citizens. Unfortunately now citizens rights go to the highest bidder. The home office is there to protect and serve British citizens and NOT as a profit making exercise. The UK has become a sick country in a sick world
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The only people that have a right to live in any country are its citizens. For anyone else it is a privilege.

If you view the whole thing logically, then think about the amount of services a spouse is instantly allowed to access - education, health (don't pretend the IHS covers everything) roads, all those things that tax payers have been funding for years but which are available to the migrant instantly, without paying any taxes etc. Whilst the money paid may not going directly to one of these places it goes into the country's coffers and funds services that the migrant will use. Its not as if the Home Office staff are taking home wheelbarrows of money each week, the money belongs to the country and helps to fund that new "better" life the migrant wanted. .
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 60minuteman
If children are involved I think you will find it is a right, the home office has an obligation to protect children of British citizens. Unfortunately now citizens rights go to the highest bidder. The home office is there to protect and serve British citizens and NOT as a profit making exercise. The UK has become a sick country in a sick world
Goodness, for someone who has just sponsored their wife to join him in the UK you have little respect or regard for the country........ you sound very bitter......
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The only people that have a right to live in any country are its citizens. For anyone else it is a privilege.

If you view the whole thing logically, then think about the amount of services a spouse is instantly allowed to access - education, health (don't pretend the IHS covers everything) roads, all those things that tax payers have been funding for years but which are available to the migrant instantly, without paying any taxes etc. Whilst the money paid may not going directly to one of these places it goes into the country's coffers and funds services that the migrant will use. Its not as if the Home Office staff are taking home wheelbarrows of money each week, the money belongs to the country and helps to fund that new "better" life the migrant wanted. .
Based on that children of British citizens should not have to pay anything then?... by right
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Goodness, for someone who has just sponsored their wife to join him in the UK you have little respect or regard for the country........ you sound very bitter......
Why does it have to be bitter to have strong opinions about what is right and wrong. Define country?...

The current immigration policies have been shown to be unfair, discriminatory, barely legal, etc etc .... maybe I should be wag waving and proud of these things... nah sorry
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 60minuteman
Why does it have to be bitter to have strong opinions about what is right and wrong. Define country?...

The current immigration policies have been shown to be unfair, discriminatory, barely legal, etc etc .... maybe I should be wag waving and proud of these things... nah sorry
Not commenting on your opinions of the immigration system - your statement that the UK is a sick country is one that caught my eye .......
Old Jun 7th 2019, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Disappointing that so many people agree with this stance

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...families-apart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.