British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Help. Where can I find the offical link about the Financial Requirement calculate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/help-where-can-i-find-offical-link-about-financial-requirement-calculate-915270/)

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 3:10 pm

Help. Where can I find the offical link about the Financial Requirement calculate

Hi everyone

Today is a sad day. My husband's application refused as the caseworker does not think we meet the Financial Requirement.

In fact, we do.

I have two jobs, 1st income £11000 per per annum, 2nd income £7903. We also submitted saving account money £39000.

Althougg, the caseworker only accepted the 1st income, but if he put it with my saving money together, we still meet the financial requirement, right?

Would any one can give me the offical link about financial requirement calculate in my situation please?

Thank you so much!

BritInParis Jul 24th 2018 3:46 pm

Re: Help. Where can I find the offical link about the Financial Requirement calculate

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

SanDiegogirl Jul 24th 2018 3:47 pm

Re: Help. Where can I find the offical link about the Financial Requirement calculate

What category did you apply under?

If you think you earned enough why did you add in savings. The ECO, if not able to confirm your employment won't just then take your savings into account. You have to specify under which category and with what income/assets you are applying.

SanDiegogirl Jul 24th 2018 3:50 pm

Deleted - read wrong post

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12537818)

What category did you apply under?

If you think you earned enough why did you add in savings. The ECO, if not able to confirm your employment won't just then take your savings into account. You have to specify under which category and with what income/assets you are applying.

We used Category D: Cash savings can be combined with income from Category A: Salaried and non-salaried employment.

I do think I earned enough money, the reason we added in savings is I only started the 2nd job in April 2017, and the pay from April to July 2017 was by cash, and I did not pay the cash into my bank.After July 2017, the pay of 2nd job by BACS. We worried the 2nd job income may not be accepted by the ECO. So we also added in savings.

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 4:15 pm

From the refusal letter:

Eligibility Financial Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1 TO 3.4, because

You have provided documents to evidence your sponsor’s income from employment income over the last six months, as requirements. The income from Unixxx would be the equivalent of £11055 per annum, which is below the minimum income threshold of £18600. I am not satisfied that the income from Muxxxx Ltd is genuine, as detailed above, as have therefore not accounted for this as genuine income.

You therefore do not meet financial requirements under E-ECP 3.1-3.4.

SanDiegogirl Jul 24th 2018 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dannigao (Post 12537838)
We used Category D: Cash savings can be combined with income from Category A: Salaried and non-salaried employment.

I do think I earned enough money, the reason we added in savings is I only started the 2nd job in April 2017, and the pay from April to July 2017 was by cash, and I did not pay the cash into my bank.After July 2017, the pay of 2nd job by BACS. We worried the 2nd job income may not be accepted by the ECO. So we also added in savings.

You applied in December 2017, so you should have supplied 6 months of payslips July 2017 to Dec 2017. If, as you say, income from the second job was paid by BACS and the payslips show this, then I don't see why this income from the second job would not have been included. Did you supply 6 months of payslips from t his second job.

What did you show for the savings? Did you show they had been in an account for 6 months under your control?

From the text of the refusal letter the ECO is specifically saying that she does not believe your employment/income in the 1st job is genuine. Why is this? What did you p resent? There is no mention in the refusal letter of either second job or the savings.

Are you still in employment? In your earlier posting you said you had given birth in May 2018.

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12537860)
You applied in December 2017, so you should have supplied 6 months of payslips July 2017 to Dec 2017. If, as you say, income from the second job was paid by BACS and the payslips show this, then I don't see why this income from the second job would not have been included. Did you supply 6 months of payslips from t his second job.

What did you show for the savings? Did you show they had been in an account for 6 months under your control?

From the text of the refusal letter the ECO is specifically saying that she does not believe your employment/income in the 1st job is genuine. Why is this? What did you p resent? There is no mention in the refusal letter of either second job or the savings.

Are you still in employment? In your earlier posting you said you had given birth in May 2018.

Yes, I have supplied 6 months of payslips July 2017 to Dec 2017 (also payslips April to July), supplied all payslips from April to December 2017, for this sencond job ( income £7903 per per annum).

I also have supplied all payslips for my 1st job (income £11055 per per annum) from January to December 2017.

Bank statements for current account from December 2016 to December 2017.

Bank statements for saving account from Febuary 2016 to December 2017 (£39000 already in from Febuary 2016).

I am still in employment, I get Maternity Pay now from May 2018 to January 2019. After Maternity holiday,I will go back to work.

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12537860)

She does believe my employment/income in the 1st job (The income from Unixxx would be the equivalent of £11055 per annum).She does not believe my employment/income in the 2nd job is genuine (the income from Muxxxx Ltd £7903 per per annum).

She did not mention in the refusal of the savings.

The reason she believes my 2nd job is not genuine based on the telephone interview they did. As following:

You have stated that you sponsor has two jobs to meet financial requirements to sponsor your application. I am satisfied that the employment with Unxxxx is genuine but following interviews with your sponsor and the the other employer, Muxxxx Ltd, I am not satisfied that income is genuine.

Muxxxx Ltd is your friend’s business and you have stated that you work as a packer. For this you say you receive a fixed salary every month.

At interview the business owner said you ‘sometimes work in the evening and ‘sometimes weekends’ with hours close to 19-20 and sometimes more than 20 a week. Your sponsor said she works every night 2-3 hours and Saturdays and Sundays full days.

I do not find it credible that work such variable hours would pay a fixed rather than hourly rate, particularly given this is a small business your friend runs from the house you share. I am not satisfied this job is genuine and has not been fabricated to facilitate the application.

I am therefore satisfied that false information and representation have been made in support of the application and refuse under S-EC2.2.

Due do English is not my first language, when I answered the phone interview, my answers were as same as the business owner,they misundertook it. I said I work at evenings and weekends, I did not say I work every night 2-3 hours and Saturdays and Sundays full days. About the working hours, sometimes I work 19 hours a week, sometimes 20 hours, sometimes 21 hours, (depends on how much the work would be). For the whole month (every month), it's the same, total 82 hours. So Ireceive a fixed salary every month.

BritInParis Jul 24th 2018 5:48 pm

S-EC.2.2. Whether or not to the applicant’s knowledge-

(a) false information, representations or documents have been submitted in relation to the application (including false information submitted to any person to obtain a document used in support of the application); or
(b) there has been a failure to disclose material facts in relation to the application.

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12537905)

Thank you so much.

Would you give me the link you get the information from please?

SanDiegogirl Jul 24th 2018 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dannigao (Post 12537889)
She does believe my employment/income in the 1st job (The income from Unixxx would be the equivalent of £11055 per annum).She does not believe my employment/income in the 2nd job is genuine (the income from Muxxxx Ltd £7903 per per annum).

She did not mention in the refusal of the savings.

The reason she believes my 2nd job is not genuine based on the telephone interview they did. As following:

You have stated that you sponsor has two jobs to meet financial requirements to sponsor your application. I am satisfied that the employment with Unxxxx is genuine but following interviews with your sponsor and the the other employer, Muxxxx Ltd, I am not satisfied that income is genuine.

Muxxxx Ltd is your friend’s business and you have stated that you work as a packer. For this you say you receive a fixed salary every month.

At interview the business owner said you ‘sometimes work in the evening and ‘sometimes weekends’ with hours close to 19-20 and sometimes more than 20 a week. Your sponsor said she works every night 2-3 hours and Saturdays and Sundays full days.

I do not find it credible that work such variable hours would pay a fixed rather than hourly rate, particularly given this is a small business your friend runs from the house you share. I am not satisfied this job is genuine and has not been fabricated to facilitate the application.

I am therefore satisfied that false information and representation have been made in support of the application and refuse under S-EC2.2.

Due do English is not my first language, when I answered the phone interview, my answers were as same as the business owner,they misundertook it. I said I work at evenings and weekends, I did not say I work every night 2-3 hours and Saturdays and Sundays full days. About the working hours, sometimes I work 19 hours a week, sometimes 20 hours, sometimes 21 hours, (depends on how much the work would be). For the whole month (every month), it's the same, total 82 hours. So Ireceive a fixed salary every month.

Thank you for giving further information with regards the refusal letter.

So your second job is definitely under scrutiny - whether this suspicion led the ECO to refuse your application just based on these discrepancies is understandable.

I don't understand why, with the income from your 1st job 11,055 GBP plus savings of 39K GBP you didn't just apply with these - and not include some 'dodgy' job you had with a friend.

Dannigao Jul 24th 2018 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12537941)
Thank you for giving further information with regards the refusal letter.

So your second job is definitely under scrutiny - whether this suspicion led the ECO to refuse your application just based on these discrepancies is understandable.

I don't understand why, with the income from your 1st job 11,055 GBP plus savings of 39K GBP you didn't just apply with these - and not include some 'dodgy' job you had with a friend.

I really regret we did this way.

We just wanted to ensure we really meet the Financial Requirement by anyway, it seems we overdid it.

The 'dodgy' job is a real job,I really did it.I got my P60 from both job for the tax year 2017-2018. I aslo got the bank statments from Jan to April 2018 which will show the pay.

uddin0 Jul 24th 2018 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dannigao (Post 12537793)
Hi everyone

Today is a sad day. My husband's application refused as the caseworker does not think we meet the Financial Requirement.

In fact, we do.

I have two jobs, 1st income £11000 per per annum, 2nd income £7903. We also submitted saving account money £39000.

Althougg, the caseworker only accepted the 1st income, but if he put it with my saving money together, we still meet the financial requirement, right?

Would any one can give me the offical link about financial requirement calculate in my situation please?

Thank you so much!

you said you got cash for secound job..did you put cash in bank and did u get payslip.