Help needed

Old May 26th 2014, 9:02 am
Just Joined

iwantadivorce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed

Hi,

I got married to a UK national in beginning of 2012. I got my spouse visa in 2013 and came into UK in November 2013.
Our marriage never really worked from day one and we have never had a healthy relationship from day one. Things became worst day by day and I came back to my home country in April 2014.
Since then I have been trying to contact her so that we can sort something out. But now I feel that we cannot live together as we have got to a stage where we do not have not been in contact in last 8 months or so due to not been getting on with each other.
I do not want to contact her anymore to solve this issue. I just want to get out of this so that I can carry on with my normal life.

My question is how can I get a divorce or how can I divorce her and can legally end this marriage?
We are unable to communicate due to loads of past argument. I just want to end this legally.
Please advice where can I find help for these as I am not in UK and how will it affect me in the future if I was to get married another UK national. I do not want to return to UK on this visa and I am aware that my visa will expire once this marriage is over.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.
Old May 26th 2014, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed

Why are you contemplating the idea of marrying another "UK" national and not someone from your own country?

As for divorce, see a lawyer.
Old May 26th 2014, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed

File for divorce in the country you were married in? Depending on the country, there will be different categories, different time schedules, and you may or may not need a lawyer. Your spouse can also file in the UK even if you weren't married there : https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview

I have no idea, nor any comments, on how this might affect a future marriage to a UK citizen.

Last edited by Shirtback; May 26th 2014 at 2:33 pm. Reason: Added link