HELP! Employment letter for UK spouse Visa

Old Apr 14th 2019, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

brittysmiles is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP! Employment letter for UK spouse Visa

Hi! I have a question regarding the employment letter we were planning to provide for our spouse visa application. I am a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen.
We had his employer draft up a letter and post it to us with a wet signature as I am heading out of the of the UK from visiting him tomorrow to begin my application. I have realised there is a detail missing from the employment letter we received. the requirements in the appendix state the employer letter should have all of the following:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming: (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary; (ii) the length of their employment; (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

This is the letter we have ready to provide:
RE: SPONSORS NAME This is to confirm that the above employee has been permanently employed at xxx since 13/07/17. His current job title is xxx ad his employment is continuous on a 30 hour per week contract. He is non salaried and his current hourly rate of pay is xxx.
This is of course dated and on letter head paper. My concern is it does not state how long he has been earning the current salary. There is no way we ca have an updated one posted to us before I leave. I am sure we could have one sent to us with an electronic signature, but my understanding is that electronic signatures for the employer letter are not accepted. Is that true? If not is it going to be detrimental to our application if it does not state how long he has been earning this salary.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 14th 2019, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Employment letter for UK spouse Visa

Originally Posted by brittysmiles
Hi! I have a question regarding the employment letter we were planning to provide for our spouse visa application. I am a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen.
We had his employer draft up a letter and post it to us with a wet signature as I am heading out of the of the UK from visiting him tomorrow to begin my application. I have realised there is a detail missing from the employment letter we received. the requirements in the appendix state the employer letter should have all of the following:

This is of course dated and on letter head paper. My concern is it does not state how long he has been earning the current salary. There is no way we ca have an updated one posted to us before I leave. I am sure we could have one sent to us with an electronic signature, but my understanding is that electronic signatures for the employer letter are not accepted. Is that true? If not is it going to be detrimental to our application if it does not state how long he has been earning this salary.

Thanks in advance
You can have your husband collect a hard copy of updated employment letter that is signed by hand and scan it to you. You can then print out a color copy for the application.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Lummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brittysmiles

Thanks in advance
Hi, this letter is good to go. The letter i used for my visa did not specify how long my partner has been on d payment scale as it is a non-salaried employment. All the best.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 3:33 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't your husband have his pay slips going back a year or more that prove his pay level independent of the information being in the letter?