Help! Decision email received, but what's the decision?

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help! Decision email received, but what's the decision?

Guys,

As you may or may not know, we started the visa process only a few weeks ago, and this morning we received two emails. I called Sheffield to ask what the decision was but they say they can't tell me. We believe our application was simple, and we provided all the documents they asked for and more.... does anyone have any experience with the exact email below, and are able to tell if it points one way or another?

---------------------

Dear XXXX

Regarding Visa Application: XXXX
For: XXXX

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the UK Decision Making Centre. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to [email protected].

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) will be returned there for you to collect in person unless you have opted for a courier return service.

You will receive a separate notification from the Visa Application Centre advising you that the decision has been received there and that your passport is ready for collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have received this notification.

If your visa has been issued after a successful appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email to collect your passport. The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in the USA and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

SECOND EMAIL:

Dear XXXX

Regarding Visa Application: XXXX
For:XXXX

In addition to the email you should have already received confirming that your documents have been dispatched, please find your courier tracking details below:

Courier Company: UPS
Tracking Reference: XXXXXX

A signature will be required to complete delivery, and your package can be tracked using the link below for UPS.

UPS Tracking Website:
http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

Please be advised that some shipments may be subject to delays beyond our control due to Customs inspections.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! Decision email received, but what's the decision?

I got the same this morning so fingers crossed
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by haldane86
I got the same this morning so fingers crossed
What is your timeline?

It is going to be an excruciating week or so until we get the application/passport back.

It just happened SO quick, and goes against everything that people are experiencing on this forum, that it just feels too good to be true.

If there was an issue, or they needed more information or clarification, wouldn't they have contacted me about it?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

anonym is an unknown quantity at this point

We also got that message, and applied right around the same time as you, so they've either mass-rejected all of us, or things are legitimately speeding up.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
What is your timeline?

It is going to be an excruciating week or so until we get the application/passport back.

It just happened SO quick, and goes against everything that people are experiencing on this forum, that it just feels too good to be true.

If there was an issue, or they needed more information or clarification, wouldn't they have contacted me about it?
My timeline is as follows

Country applying from: Canada - Edmonton
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - wife - non priority
Date application submitted (online or in person): July 6th 2017 - online
Date biometrics taken: July 17th 2017
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: July 20th 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
Decision made notification: October 3rd 2017
Date your visa was received:fingers crossed.

I have heard that is up to the ECO whether or not they contact you for further information, if it's true or not I'm not sure.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anonym
We also got that message, and applied right around the same time as you, so they've either mass-rejected all of us, or things are legitimately speeding up.
Sure hope there is no mass-rejections going on lol
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be mass visa approvals, they'll be wanting their statistics inline with the estimates they give out. They don't want to be shat on even more than they have to after they've cocked up big time.