Wikiposts

Help! Canadian hubby.

Old Mar 5th 2014, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Canadian hubby.

Originally Posted by Wagaress
I think the article is incorrect because everything else I have read on the gov.uk site and on this site says that british children are not to be considered in that amount. I hope this is true otherwise I'm hooped.
Children that are British Citizens are not included in the financial requirements for a spouse visa. In other words if you are British born and bred and your husband is American (or other Non-EU) and you had two children between you born in the USA (or elsewhere) then your kids are British by Descent and therefore will not come under the additional requirements for extra salary/savings. But, for example, if your USC husband had two kids from a previous marriage and they were ONLY USA citizens, then they would be termed dependents and would need additional salary/savings as a requirement. Make sense?
Old Mar 5th 2014, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Wagaress is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Children that are British Citizens are not included in the financial requirements for a spouse visa. In other words if you are British born and bred and your husband is American (or other Non-EU) and you had two children between you born in the USA (or elsewhere) then your kids are British by Descent and therefore will not come under the additional requirements for extra salary/savings. But, for example, if your USC husband had two kids from a previous marriage and they were ONLY USA citizens, then they would be termed dependents and would need additional salary/savings as a requirement. Make sense?
Yep absolutely. That's what I figured thanks.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

How long does the visa last? Meaning from when you get it, when do you have to leave for the uk? I was wondering the time frame because of selling everything we have..
Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Wagaress is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk_sweetie
How long does the visa last? Meaning from when you get it, when do you have to leave for the uk? I was wondering the time frame because of selling everything we have..
Good question.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

The visa lasts for 33 months allowing for 3 months to pack up and leave for the UK. You can actually enter the UK at any time during that 33 months but that would mean you would have to apply for an extension before you can apply for FLR, costing you more money and causing more stress!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

Ok thank you for the info. It makes me more nervous to sell everything and not know for certain that we would get the visa! Guess you have to take chances in life. Just makes it worse when there are 2 little ones involved.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_sweetie
Ok thank you for the info. It makes me more nervous to sell everything and not know for certain that we would get the visa! Guess you have to take chances in life. Just makes it worse when there are 2 little ones involved.
It's definitely tough but we did it and a few months in, no regrets yet... although I still miss the gorgeous and large house we had just finished building in Canada.